Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: honestly do you like football?

really grown men smacking each other on the bum?

only if they are wearing white pants...

I like a live high-school football game, but I don't watch it otherwise.

or belly bumping or jumping high five.........yeah all of it, but mostly the game. Knowing the staff of the teams, the team track records, the competetion in the geographical areas.......nothing like it. Sammiches on Sunday from Subway, go get! I've been hooked since I heard my first World Championship on My New Car Radio in 1966, and the next year I watched the first Superbowl.......yaaahooooo.I guess Travel Inn thought they had an orgey going on because eight of us went in for a room, eats, pop, and spent about five hours and left. No one had a color TV but the Motel did and we enjoyed it. Paying extra for the TV use was nothing. Been hooked forever.

everyone has a vice, ya know!

blessings, Ruth

I have loved watching football for quite some time ... the ex didn't like it so I spent a few years not watching ... now I have a hubby who likes to watch as much as I do ... we don't have favorite teams as much as players we like ... we like college football too ... and for the Super Bowl, I make a bunch of appetizer type stuff and we have a great time

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redkimba
    only if they are wearing white pants...

I like a live high-school football game, but I don't watch it otherwise.
    Me too! DD's boyfriend plays high school football so we go to most of the games. I do enjoy the commercials of the super bowl but that's it.

Blog Entries
    Not at all!

Yes, I certainly do; but don't watch all games. Only certain teams. Just so happens, 2 of those teams are in this year's Super Bowl....looking forward to Sunday evening! Look forward to the commercials as much as the game.

The best part is watching honey when his team plays! The steelers! Gonna be a fun weekend!

OMG I wouldn't miss it. I have been an ND fan since I was 10 and had season tickets for 30 yrs. Snow, rain, or shine we are there.

I love college football. If I were someone's husband, I would be the one that they complained about to their friends.

Blog Entries
    i enjoy watching football on TV with husband even though our Patriots failed us this year! When daughter in high school she was in the marching band and as a
    Music Mom, I went to high school games only to see the band play at halftime.

I do. Love it. When the kids were littler we were too tired to follow along...but now? Bring it!

nope, but I keep my mouth shut since dh and our boys love it. Now baseball season starts soon...that's what I LOVE! Go Giants!

LOVE IT!!!

We get together with friends and watch Alabama games. The Alabama Auburn thing can be alot of fun as our friends are divided. Other than that I leave the football thing to my DH.

A great man once said, "football in Alabama, is a way a life" ... Same man also said that football was a religion in Texas ...

Blog Entries
    I could live the rest of my life without it. I liked it in the 60's before it was so hyped and the players were not prima donnas, but I have to vacate the room or occupy my mind with a book or hand quilting when it is on. My hubby loves ALL sports and i love him, so I adapt. (don't we all)

Nope! No interest here!
    And one of the LQS is having a Super Bolt sale and opening her classroom for a "sit and sew" (bring your own project and meet other quilters.) I am very tempted to go!

Dislike!!! Hope there's a good movie on. Hope its a great game for everyone who does like it though.

Blog Entries
    Football and Nascar is about all I like to watch on TV. I yell so much during the football game that I can't talk the next day!

I LOVE football! We moved away from our families when we were in our 20's & when games were on my husband would watch them alone. So I started watching them with him & he taught me the game. Now I am the one who will sit down & watch a game more than him! I get so excited in August when the pre season starts!

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I could take it or leave it but my hubby loves it and that's all that matters to me. He wants me near by and that's even better to me! When he was active duty Marine and our kids were little- that time was family time so there wasn't time for football or golf. Now they are gone, he deserves the time for his fun! I'm just happy to have him with me too :) Thank you Lord for keeping him safe and giving us this time together! He'll do things I enjoy also and make things for my sewing room and do the math for my quilts!!! Oh and he doesn't fuss about all the cats and dogs :) He even put in another dog door last weekend- this house has so many of them-6 in all:)

Love it! Mostly NFL because I know the players. The college players change too fast & I like to know who is playing. I watch even when DH is not home. My DD, a freshman at college, is the only girl to go to the lounge to watch the NFL games. The guys are amazed that she knows the rules & the players! One night she was the only Packer fan there & all the guys were Vikings fans - but they didn't give her too much grief!

Blog Entries
    I follow my team and usually watch all of the superbowl games too :D:D:D

I love watching football. I didn't years ago but 12 years of going to high school football games to watch my kids in the marching band helped my understand the game better and now I'm hooked

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast