Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Hope for Smokers who think they can't quit! >

Hope for Smokers who think they can't quit!

Hope for Smokers who think they can't quit!

Old 03-08-2011, 08:51 PM

Just wanted you all to join in celebrating with me! :D
Tomorrow, March 9th, marks ONE YEAR since I had my last puff!! I honestly can NOT believe I made it a year. I told myself that after one year, I woud begin calling myself a "non smoker" instead of saying "I'm quitting smoking".
It was not a great year to stop given that I lost my DF in July and my DM in December but the good thing is, I figure if I can make it through the first year with all that happening, then I have it beat!
So for those of you who are wanting to quit, don't give up! I quit several times and always started back after a few weeks. Just keep on trying! :D
Old 03-08-2011, 08:56 PM

Congratulations!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:57 PM

You deserve a pat on the back. Quitting is not easy. I've been off the nicotine for 10 yrs. plus and it was one of the hardest and best things I ever did. Now to convince my son to quit!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
Just wanted you all to join in celebrating with me! :D
Tomorrow, March 9th, marks ONE YEAR since I had my last puff!! I honestly can NOT believe I made it a year. I told myself that after one year, I woud begin calling myself a "non smoker" instead of saying "I'm quitting smoking".
It was not a great year to stop given that I lost my DF in July and my DM in December but the good thing is, I figure if I can make it through the first year with all that happening, then I have it beat!
So for those of you who are wanting to quit, don't give up! I quit several times and always started back after a few weeks. Just keep on trying! :D
Hubby was finally able to quit, using Chantex I think it's called, I guess it been about 6 months, but now all he wants to do is eat...LOL

And Congrats for not smoking....
Old 03-08-2011, 09:01 PM

Congratulations I have lost too many family members to smoking related cancers. Lung, throat ect. I do not know 95% of my dads family because of smoking. Keep it up the wonderful title of NON SMOKER!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:05 PM

A huge Congratulations from me! It is sooooo hard! I have fallen off the wagon and now back on it. I am so proud of you. I am sad that you did have such a rough year, but you are so right...If you can quit with all of that happening, you can make it from now on.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:09 PM

I am so happy for you!! Congratulations!!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
.........but now all he wants to do is eat...LOL
LOL....uh....yeah.....about that eating thing.....LOL.....I didn't say I was the same size but I figure a "fluffy" non-smoker is better than a skinny smoker :D Actually, I told myself that I was NOT going to beat myself up about the eating until I hit a year so I guess it's time to get that stick out now :oops:
Old 03-08-2011, 09:19 PM

Qbee..good for you!! I quilt 27 years ago on New Years...I too have put on weight..but my lungs are clear now...
Our Pastors wife is going thru lung cancer now..and she never smoked ....well as she says..I guess I did smoke for 17 years 2 packs a day..both her parent smoked around her. She left home and got married when she was 17..She had 1/2 of her one lung removed last year. And just got out of the hospital on Sat from having another painful biopsy on her good lung..it now has a tumor in it...we are all praying for her daily..
Just think of all the fabric you can buy with the money you would have spent on smokes...they are up to about the cost of a yard of fabric now ..
Good for you!! Happy 1st anniversary to you...
Old 03-08-2011, 09:35 PM

well done, I know how hard it can be to give up I tried 3 times before I gave up for good. I always made the mistake of replying to do you want a smoke with no thanks I just gave up, then they would say 1 wont hurt well IT DOES and you have to start all over again. then I learnt to change the way I said no, was to say not thanks I don't smoke that way they don't pressure you into having JUST that ONE puff so NOW you are a none smoker. well done