House Cleaning

Old 10-24-2021, 09:22 AM
Banned

Cool House Cleaning

There used to be a woman who would clean my 3 bedroom condo, top to bottom in four hours and then spend the rest of the day doing fun stuff. If anyone sees her, please send her over because now I'm lucky if I get one room clean a day and am still able to walk upright.
Old 10-24-2021, 09:54 AM

Lol. Yesterday we were gone for about 6 hours which is probably the longest we have away from the house since Covid started. When we returned, the odor of dust hit me. I guess I was used to smelling it. I dusted everything this morning. I hate dusting. But I hate the odor more.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM

Said to DH the other day, "We need to fire the housekeeper. She's not up to my standards anymore. " He gave me a blank look and said, "We don't have a housekeeper ." Thirty-five years and the man still doesn't get my jokes.
Old 10-25-2021, 04:05 PM

Just hired a housekeeper to come 3 hours every other week…amazing how much my DH will help pick up the day before she comes. LOL Worth the money…
Old 10-25-2021, 07:29 PM
Power Poster

I don’t try to do all my house cleaning in one day now. One day I dust and vacuum and another day I clean my bathrooms and kitchen.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I don’t try to do all my house cleaning in one day now. One day I dust and vacuum and another day I clean my bathrooms and kitchen.
I do the same. And the other 363 days of the year I quilt.
Old 10-25-2021, 11:22 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I do the same. And the other 363 days of the year I quilt.
LOL I think I'll claim that one!
Old 10-26-2021, 01:30 PM

I like your way of thinking with 363 days to quilt
Old 10-28-2021, 08:24 AM

For years I've maintained my house doing a little each day. It worked well when my kids were younger and now that they're older, I'm still following it.
Monday--dust and vacuum the main floor. Every other week I either go upstairs or downstairs too. Buy groceries
Tuesday.--Toilets. Clean the bathrooms
Wednesday-- Windows and water plants. I don't do all the windows.... but the front door, back door, any that bug me. And I don't have many plants. I am not good at watering. ROTFL!
Thursday--Hmm... I don't think I do much on Thursdays. It used to be my sewing with friends or errands day.
Friday---vacuum again and tidy for the weekend.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:36 AM

I am at the point where I hope my health insurance will pay for housekeeping services. The dust is building up and I am still trying to catch up on laundry after being sick with COVID. I am only looking at my quilting projects right now. I go to the cutting board where I have a block sitting. It is half done and I have no energy to complete it yet. BUT I will get the house work done and I WILL get back to my quilting with at least one block a day! I just keep on going then look out world!