How about this......

Old 10-31-2010, 10:47 AM

I don't have any particular movie!!! Oh -- LOL Monsters Inc --- LOVE that movie!.... My daughter watched Grease until I knew every line of the movie, son watch "The Christmas Story" at least 100 times (one year 5 people gave him the video!!!) and DH LOVES Quigley Down Under (I like it, too). I can walk in the room, see the TV and know IMMEDIATELY what's happening if Quigley is on.....
Old 10-31-2010, 10:54 AM

Oh, I have several. But two of my favorites were not "BIG" movies. Same Time Next Year" with Alan ALda and Ellen Burstyn and Bicentenial Man with Robin Williams. If you have not seen the later rent or netflix it. I guarantee you will need a hankie by the end
Old 10-31-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
The Wizard of Oz.
E.T. This one is sad and uplifting at the same time.

The Day The Earth Stood Still...I love old black and white movies!
Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Angela Lansbury is marvelous in this.

And speaking of movies, have you seen the one about a 1928 movie of Charlie Chaplain, where on a sidewalk right outside a movie premiere showed what looked like a woman or a man in drag, talking on a cell phone? I've watched it several times, and it left me confused. There are masses of stuff about it running all around the internet!!!
Are you a Coast 2 Coast listener? I am! That film clip was kinda spooky.
I'm sure it is just an big scam Like when if you played (I think it was) Rubber Soul backwards it keept saying Paul is Dead or or like in the movie 3 Men and a Baby you could see a strange figure hiding behind the curtains in one scean. That one turned out to be a standee of Ted Dansen that someone had but there as a joke. And nowadays with all the stuff you can manipulate with a computer you never know what to believe!
Old 10-31-2010, 11:06 AM

Are you a Coast 2 Coast listener? I am! That film clip was kinda spooky.[/quote]
-------------------------------------
I'm not familiar with Coast 2 Coast, sounds like it might be a talk show. This was and at this time still is on AOL sites. I've watched it many times and the old lady's actions are exactly like most of the people on our streets now. There's a good explanation somewhere, but I suspect it would take the joy out of knowing!!
I gave up Santa Claus reluctantly, love the Easter Bunny because I love animals, don't believe in witches, even though one of my aunts was one and did things I can't explain even now..but cell phones in 1928? Sure wish Isaac Asimov were alive now, he could write a real good book about it and make it very real.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:10 AM

No matter how good a movie is, I seldom want to watch it repeatedly.

But every Christmas I watch "The Snowman", by Raymond Briggs- magical.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:14 AM

My favorite of all time is "A Christmas Story" I have the DVD so I can watch it whenever I want. I did not grow up in the era the movie is set in, but so many things in it still remind me of my childhood. Like the black rubber boots with the metal buckles, my brothers wore those. Being layered with so many clothes, you can't put your arms down. And my all time favorite, when my brothers kept asking for a beebee gun - "You'll shoot your eye out!" Priceless!
Old 10-31-2010, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by katiebear1
Oh, I have several. But two of my favorites were not "BIG" movies. Same Time Next Year" with Alan ALda and Ellen Burstyn and Bicentenial Man with Robin Williams. If you have not seen the later rent or netflix it. I guarantee you will need a hankie by the end
Oh My GOSH!!!!! I never meet anybody else who's ever seen Same Time Next Year----was scrolling thru here just in case but didn't think I'd see it....I think it's one of the best movies of the past several decades but most people have never even heard of it! The music is great, the storyline is fun.....just a feel-good movie for a lazy weekend afternoon. Highly recommended!!!
Old 10-31-2010, 01:19 PM

OK, I'm the nerd. In our house the favorite is the original version of the "Andromeda Strain" (NOT the A&E remake).
Old 10-31-2010, 01:21 PM

My most favorite is Ball of Fire with Barbara Stanwick (oldy, but moldy!) and 2nd best if Princess Bride.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by my3furryfriends
What is your favorite movie of all time? And, approximately how many times have you watched it.

Mine: "Sound of Music"--- probably have watched it more than 20X...plus, I have the dvd so I can watch it anytime I feel like it.
Meant to ask when I first read this. Did you catch the SOM reunion on Oprah, Thursday I think. All the kids, Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer. The show ended with the real Maria Von Trapp's great grandchildren, three girls and a boy, singing Edelweiss. What beautiful, beautiful voices.