Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How to Blog.

Smile How to Blog.

I know others here have their own personal blogs - I would love to create one for myself but have no clue where to start - I make a lot of quilts and commissioned quilts and I would love to have a place for my customers to keep up with my quiltmaking. Does anyone have any good hints, tips or places to create one (it should be equivalent to Blogging for Dummies). Thanks

Power Poster
    I would also like to know- - - -

Blog Entries
    you can use your QB blog, but not for business purposes. you can, however, show all of your work there. it is free. and if you see a post here that you like, you can hit the "Blog this post" icon at the bottom left of the post and it will go to your blog. and you can use links to it to send to others for their viewing. To read about your QB blog, click on Help in the bottom or above menus and it is in the list on the left.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I created mine at Weebly.com, which is free. It was not too hard to set up. I'd be happy to answer any questions I can for you!
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

Google blogspot and see what you come up with. I blog there, but don't know what restrictions might be about pictures, offering things for sale, etc. froggyintexas

Blog Entries
    BlogSpot is the one I use. ITs wide open. You can even earn $ by sponsoring ads. The fact you sell on etsy can also be part of your framework etc. Very simple to set up. Good luck.
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.com

Wordpress.

sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)