How did you meet?

Old 01-06-2011, 09:08 PM

DH and I met in college. I was a senior and working in the library at the checkout counter. He was a graduate student in the seminary. He came to check out books and kept right on coming back to check out other things. He spent more time in the library that semester than ever before. We were engaged four months later, married 12 months after our first date, and had our 30th wedding anniversary last year. It's been good. He's still my best friend.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:09 PM

My husband and I both worked for Delta Air Lines. I was a flight dispatcher and he worked flight control at O'Hare Field in Chicago. We talked for two years doing flight checkbacks (way before computers) and would kid each other mercilessly. In fact we both got called in by our respective supervisors and asked if we had a problem with each other. I then became engaged to his roommate. The roommate transferred to San Francisco and I put in for my transfer. He asked my husband to watch over me. The rest is history. My husband sent the ring back and the roommate didn't talk to either one of us for fifteen years plus. We've been together for 49 years and married for 47. I loved him the minute I saw him even after talking to him for two years without actually seeing him. Always thought we could make a movie out of it.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:23 PM

After reading these replies, I am thinking I'm gonna start hanging out at Lowe's every evening !
I met my husband when I began attending the same school he did-we were in 7th grade. Began dating when we were sophomores and married a year after graduating; we were together for more than 37 years before his passing away after a long illness. I've been a widow since 2000; took me several years to realize that I'd like to try again; only problem is, I can't find anyone---have had totally no sucess--struck put at match.com; plenty of fish; and eHarmony...!! All you ladies lucky enough to have a good husband, I hope you let him know how much you appreciate him--every day
Karo
Old 01-06-2011, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I met my husband on a bar stool in a biker bar. :)
okay. I deem this as the response of the Year, and hereby present the How I Met My Husband blue ribbon. I Love it!!! hahahahaha.... :XD: chasing hawk: thanks so much for the smile. :-D
Old 01-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Dee

Met at work and 1 month later we were married-46 years later-he still says I'm the love of his life. I am a very happy spoiled wife.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:51 PM

Met my Darling Husband at a Parents Without Partners meeting in the mid-70's. It was love at first sight, but we (mostly me) fought it for a long time. Had been through a divorce, as had he, and I just wasn't sure I wanted to get serious about anyone when we met. But he chased me, and I let him, for 5 years before we married. And now we've been married for 28 years.

Life is good.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by sewTinker
Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I met my husband on a bar stool in a biker bar. :)
okay. I deem this as the response of the Year, and hereby present the How I Met My Husband blue ribbon. I Love it!!! hahahahaha.... :XD: chasing hawk: thanks so much for the smile. :-D
Thank you :)
Old 01-06-2011, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947
My husband of 46 years and I met at church. Great place to find a husband. :)
Me too, he was the preacher.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:58 PM

My husband and I were in the school band together. I was 14 when we started dating - he was 16. We married when I was 19 when he got orders for Vietnam. In April we will have been married 45 years.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:42 AM

I have been "hit on" in the grocery store several times.

Met DH 50 years ago at "The Playland" bar and lounge; made a date to meet back there next week. Neither of us went back the next week. Met a year later, almost to the date, at "The Peppermint Lounge". I was with my brother and DH said he was moving in no matter who that guy was.

These meetings were the first of 2 Decembers, got married the following March 3 and will soon celebrate our 50th. Hasn't always been easy but has always been interesting. Went from rags to almost riches and would not have missed this journey for anything. Love my guy.