Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How do I get ink out

How do I get ink out

My dear granddaughter did a load of her laundry and had a pen in her pocket. My dryer now has ink all over it. The pen is no where to be found, but as my DGD is trying to get ink off the drum, she heard something fall down on the other side of the drum. My guess is it's her pen. Now my dryer won't tumble at all. I can get that fixed, but we haven't found anything to take the ink off. We've tried alcohol and we've tried a magic eraser. Any other ideas?
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

Hair spray works on some hard materials, but not sure about using it in something that will be heated..??
    It might combust with heat...

Power Poster
    I use a whole bottle of hair spray. In my dryer, I can hand turn the drum until the ink is at the bottom and then use paper towels to mop up the hairspray after letting it sit on the ink for a bit. Take frequent breaks since the fumes can give you a headache. Hope you have a light when the dryer door is open as it makes it easier to see where the ink is. I get as much ink off as possible and then wash and dry a load of towels before using it to dry clothes again.

Depending on the ink, you can try nail polish remover as well.

Blog Entries
    Found this website that has some ideas:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-an-Ink...m-a-Dryer-Drum

I would try alcohol
    Have a Blessed Day

Power Poster
    Hair spray works well..

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Not any good if you don't get dryer fixed. Sometimes you can pull the dryer away from the wall if you have enough room. Then I would worry about the ink. I would check Prism99 link as far as taking ink off metal. Shouldn't be to difficult. Don't want that pen compromising the dryer motor/mechanism.