Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How do I make a PDF smaller? >

How do I make a PDF smaller?

How do I make a PDF smaller?

Old 03-20-2011, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I have windows xp. There is surely a relatively easy way to make a PDF smaller. My PDF is ove 1000k and it needs to be under 300. so looks like a straight line to me! LOL but just gotta find the right path here.
In AA Pro it's under the documents menu.

Did you find where it downloaded to?
Old 03-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by zipit
I have windows xp. There is surely a relatively easy way to make a PDF smaller. My PDF is ove 1000k and it needs to be under 300. so looks like a straight line to me! LOL but just gotta find the right path here.
In AA Pro it's under the documents menu.

Did you find where it downloaded to?
I see the file with an icon that looks like a filing cabinet. It won't open. I have a file that is Adobe 8 and one that is Adobe 9.Those I have had for awhile. So they aren't any help.

I don't find a file or program I can open.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:59 PM

I see the file with an icon that looks like a filing cabinet. It won't open. I have a file that is Adobe 8 and one that is Adobe 9.Those I have had for awhile. So they aren't any help.

When you download, does it give you the option of where to save it? Does it offer both the save and run options?
Old 03-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by zipit

When you download, does it give you the option of where to save it? Does it offer both the save and run options?
I found it and it had not finished installing. I ran the install and it said the data file was corrupt and couldn't install. so I had to cancel it. I am at a point where I wish I hadn't started this.

But I still want to be able to change the size. Maybe tomarrow I will try again to download this. Right now I have spent all day off and on trying to get this to work and I am ready for a break.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:23 AM

Some trial downloads don't give you all the capabilities of the program. I know that is true with embroidery programs. Rhonda hope you find a solution.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by frarose
Some trial downloads don't give you all the capabilities of the program. I know that is true with embroidery programs. Rhonda hope you find a solution.
Well I solved my immediate problem with using links instead of pdfs but I still want to pursue this.

I downloaded PDF creator but it didn't help either. but there are some features on there that are interesting. I also downloaded what said it was a PDF resizer but it only resized the files to the same 10.6 mb size. I had no control over what size it ended up being.

It may not be possible but I will still keep an eye out for this.