Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How to get removed from a mailing list? >

How to get removed from a mailing list?

How to get removed from a mailing list?

Old 11-17-2017, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

Default How to get removed from a mailing list?

We have been getting mailers from places that - we are about 99.99% sure that we never signed up to get mailers - and we would like to be removed from the mailing lists.

I think it's just as easy to throw the stuff in the wastebasket, but DH is "on a mission" to get our names removed from the lists.

I go to the sites - and I can easily find places to sign up for mailers, but I am having "a time" trying to find a "please take our name off your mailing list" spot.

Is there something I/we are missing when I go to a site?
Old 11-17-2017, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

Men are like that. I just throw them away. I still get lots of mail for the people who lived here before me. They didn't leave a forwarding address for some reason. At first I returned it to the box with "no longer at this address" written on it, but now, after 2 1/2 years, I just toss it.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:48 PM

By chance do the mailers come with a postage paid return envelope? I got so tired of getting a mailer from one company for my deceased brother and myself that I put on the info page they sent to return to them (if interested) that my brother was dead stop sending and on mine I put "not interested" stop sending. They quit sending my brother's right away and mine it took about 2 months before it quit coming. So anytime I get mailers I don't want and there is a postage paid envelope I send it back stating to stop, the company has to pay the postage. I have known some people just send the empty postage paid envelope back.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:51 PM
Power Poster

Nope - no envelopes with these things.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:13 PM
Power Poster

This website allows you to remove yourself from mailing lists, but it is a pain to use. (I tried it for my brother and quit because it was just too much work.)
http://www.directmail.com/mail_preference/
Old 11-17-2017, 04:01 PM

I do the same as jazzmyn...send back the literature in their pre-paid envelope with a big note across the area that has my address stating to be taken off their mailing list. If they don't have the envelope, I often will call them & request being taken off. I think it is working as I don't get near as much junk mail as I did in the past. Now, getting junk/spam from the phone is a whole different ball game. Ugh!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-21-2017 at 08:37 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 11-17-2017, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

After sending money to a charity, I started getting appeals for more money, every three weeks. After four months of writing back to them to say it was just a one time thing, I finally just wrote deceased on the envelope and sent it back. Have not heard from them since.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzmyn View Post
By chance do the mailers come with a postage paid return envelope? So anytime I get mailers I don't want and there is a postage paid envelope I send it back stating to stop; the company has to pay the postage.
This is what I have done, and usually the junk stops coming!
Old 11-17-2017, 05:43 PM

I packed everything in their prepaid envelope and wrote Void Take me off your list. It really cut down on our junk mail.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-21-2017 at 08:38 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 11-17-2017, 06:07 PM

Good luck with that. We were getting junk mail from my husband's ex after being married 25 years and moving twice. I finally wrote "deceased" on them and sent them back. They stopped. Maybe that would work for you? lol