Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How long did you lurk before joining the Quilting board? >

How long did you lurk before joining the Quilting board?

How long did you lurk before joining the Quilting board?

Old 01-02-2011, 08:17 AM

I joined the first day after I had wandered around in the site for a while and saw what a wonderful bunch of people were here. It was nice being able to be able to look around before joining. With some other groups you can only view their home page until you join and are approved and only then I would realize that the group was a mismatch for me and I'd have to back out. I feel a little like I'm in Disneyland for quilters and trying to mark my favorite places and threads, but I already feel at home.

Diana
Old 01-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Banned

I was lurking for a few months before joining. I guess I was a little scared how you all would react to a guy joining or quilting. But I was the same way when I walked into a fabric store and went to look at fabric for my first project. Quilting was way off from what I was normally used to doing and that was building/painting show cars and bikes.

But I am very glad I started quilting and joined the board. I have made tons of new friends and you all feel like my extended family.

Billy
Old 01-02-2011, 08:50 AM

never lurked jumped in
Old 01-02-2011, 10:25 AM

I joined right after finding this site. I was so excited to find it!

Tanesha
Old 01-02-2011, 01:54 PM

About a year before I actually joined, but I still kind of lurk. LOL
Old 01-02-2011, 03:35 PM

Actually, I joined many months before I knew what this was. When I opened the email, I had never seen a forum, and had no idea what it was or how to see any of the posts...so I quit. Months later, I did it again, had the same results, but was ashamed to quit again so I just deleted the emails when they came. Then one day my sister told me about this wonderful quiltsite she found and said that it was the first thing she checked every morning. When I realized she was talking about THIS board, I started paying attention! Fortunately, I started reading and eventually stared posting. SO glad I did. I love it here and look forward every day to hearing from all you gals ang guys out there. Thanks for allowing me to have so many new friends! :P :thumbup:
Old 01-02-2011, 03:36 PM

Actually, I joined many months before I knew what this was. When I opened the email, I had never seen a forum, and had no idea what it was or how to see any of the posts...so I quit. Months later, I did it again, had the same results, but was ashamed to quit again so I just deleted the emails when they came. Then one day my sister told me about this wonderful quiltsite she found and said that it was the first thing she checked every morning. When I realized she was talking about THIS board, I started paying attention! Fortunately, I started reading and eventually stared posting. SO glad I did. I love it here and look forward every day to hearing from all you gals ang guys out there. Thanks for allowing me to have so many new friends! :P :thumbup:
Old 01-02-2011, 08:51 PM

I signed up for the newsletter April 4, 2006. Have enjoyed reading, learning, and looking at all the wonderful creations. Had not taken the time to figure out how to do anything else until June 11, 2010. Managed to register and even chose a picture for my avatar, but still had not posted anything until now. So here I am with my first post. I have found like so many others on here, that if I spent as much time sewing as I do reading these posting, I would definately get a lot more accomplished!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:00 AM

I honestly lurked for two years now .Still not sure if doing this is the right move . I dont have alot of people skills as far as comunicating .I've been married almost 40 years .I've never worked outside the house .I don't drive. So I wait till my hubby wants to take me to a quilt store .Our local QS closed its doors last year .I have gone to JoAnns in Auburn and FederalWay. The LQS was much more helpful and there customer service was very very nice. So now I'm thinking to try ordering on line ,but how close is the color you choose actually the one see on line ?
Well, I have rattled on enough. I look forward to being here for a long long time .
Margaret
Old 01-03-2011, 08:02 AM

I looked for about an hour then joined. I have tons of fabric and would love to learn more ways to play with it. Wondering if people love the Pattern Review as much. I joined that too, but I'm a bit on the shy side, so I don't say much unless someone else will find it useful too. I must say, I'm finding this site to be taking up a lot of my time; people are really nice and helpful to one another, and I love to browse through all the messages. SUPER!