Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How Thoroughly Quilty Are You?

We use White Cloud 3 ply Ultra Soft and Thick, it's safe for septic tanks and RV's. I did the "dissolve test" using White Cloud, Charmin and Quilted Northern and the toilet paper sold specifically for RV's. I put 3 sheets of each in 1/2 cup of water and White Cloud fell apart the most, there was practically nothing left of it, I couldn't pick it up and squeeze it out. The other brands were just in a blob with a few stray pieces that fell apart. I could pick up the blob and ring it out. Now I'll have to get Scott's and do the test with it and the White Cloud. White Cloud is only sold at WalMart.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    No I don't. I am finishing up using Charmin because they cut down on the width of their TP!! Why is that baby wipes are so much bigger than adults ???
    I think most of the brands cut down on the width of their TP. I used to be able to stack only 4 rolls under the bathroom sink. Now, I can stack 5! One store brand here is still wide but the paper is thinner.
    Sally

Septic Systems Love Scott's!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
    Interesting...we are on septic. I like Northern. Might need to research what works best on septice tanks.
    sandy
    agreed ..interesting. our system double field ..but i didn't know to avoid certain types of tp ..hope you post what you find out in your research. i use cheapest at safeway...their brand, unless another brand on sale for less.
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

Blog Entries
    I buy what ever is on sale,, but I never put paper in my septic tank, That goes back to my HOUSE BOAT days, I never put anything in that I havent eaten first, Ever, and I use ridx every three months, I also empty waste basket every other day, I usually burn it. also I live alone so its no big deal ...cmaras1234
    "I do not understand ,how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to" ( and mine is my summer houseboat on a beautiful KY lake.) quote by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings.

Scott's has come out with a tube free roll now too, I keep a extra trash can in the bathroom for recyclables.
    (\ (\
    (>':')
    (,( )( )

I recently read an article by a plumber that you should not flush baby wipes or wet wipes down your toilet. They will clog your sewer lines and cause big plumber bills to get the lines cleaned. Just a warning.

dd
    Yes I had to tell the kids when they moved back in about not flushing wipes or tampons.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    Kirkland brand for us.
    Yes.. same here ! Much better bargain.. and we have a septic tank, also.

Angle Soft for us. (When do I get my wings?) LOL
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Blog Entries
    I use Kirkland Brand (Costco).
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2