How time flies

Old 09-24-2013, 04:13 AM

After I have my breakfast I sit at computer and read the Quilting Board. Enjoy reading everyone's comments and pictures.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by barny View Post
Well Jingle, I went to a friends house last week and went to the bathroom. Looked up and in this magnifying mirror, there was this old white headed lady. I went to the Den and told my hostess, "I like your bathroom, but that mirror has to go. LOL I've never seen so many wrinkles! She needs some botox.LOL".
I have never worn make-up so it was easy to learn how to brush my hair with out the aid of a mirror. My DS and DIL are both 39 and they are both very peppered with grey and I just found my 1st grey last month-actually mine is white. DIL and I were out shopping the other day ago and some one referred to me as her daughter. I'm sure it was only because she is 10 inches taller then me- but it sure made me feel good : )
Old 09-24-2013, 07:25 AM
Power Poster

Yep! That is my usual with today as an exception! Usually, I don't get on until around 7:00 a.m. after having breakfast with DH and then sending him off to work. I have had to change my routine a bit but when I do get on, I can be on the QB for as much as 2 hours before I realize it. Sometimes longer. Even with no commenting.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
What I want to know is where did all the years go? Seems I remember being in my forties the other day. Now my two Daughters are in their forties, Son 51. When I look in the mirror I am shocked at the old lady looking back at me. Seems the years pass as quickly as your minutes.
The older I get, the faster it goes. It does help me prioritize. I find myself going through magazines in search of a project and where before I might have said, "I might make that someday," I'm now finding myself more often saying, "I'll never make that." It's not a bad thing as it helps me focus on what's important to me and how I want to spend my time.

But back to the original post: yes, computers can be a huge time sucker!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by barny View Post
Well Jingle, I went to a friends house last week and went to the bathroom. Looked up and in this magnifying mirror, there was this old white headed lady. I went to the Den and told my hostess, "I like your bathroom, but that mirror has to go. LOL I've never seen so many wrinkles! She needs some botox.LOL".
Thanks for doing your part to add to my laugh wrinkles!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:51 AM

Agree with all the posts. It seems that the older I get the faster time flies. Got up at 8:30 and now it is almost 10:00. What happened?
Old 09-25-2013, 02:50 AM

DITTO! DITTO! DITTO!!! To all above messages! I spend way tooooo much time at this thingy... Oh well. If I don't do it , it don't get done..... I'd rather be at sewing machine or computer than do housework.
Enjoy everybody's comments....& pics...
Old 09-25-2013, 03:06 AM

I do the same at 6:30 but I have to stop and wake husband and kids up and get them out the door by 9.00
Old 09-25-2013, 03:57 AM

I too spend a couple of hours (or 3 or 4) each morning checking QB, e-mail, and Facebook and Pinterest. Now that I'm retired and living in the country, the computer is my window to the world. I don't think it is a waste of time because I learn so much from all of you and I enjoy the "conversations", pictures and links to other sites. I compare it to spending the morning at the library surrounded by the best information. Thanks to all of you for being here. However it does make the day seem short and I don't get much house work done. But I do get the sewing done
Old 09-25-2013, 01:02 PM

G u i l t y .....