Hows everyones Garden?

Old 08-21-2011, 04:33 PM

Same here. Tons of zuchinni, yellow squash, cucumbers, kale and beets but wasn't a very good year for tomatoes. :-( The worst year ever for critter damage. DH always plants rows of flowers in between the veggies and they took a real hit from rabbits, groundhogs & deers too. Not sure what, but it would chew through the sunflower stalks about 3 or 4 feet high and the tops would be on the ground!! Those were pretty thick & tough stalks. Had so many cucumbers that I made lots of what my mother always called "Winter Pickles." It's super easy - I'll post it in Recipes.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:55 PM

I'm finally getting tomatoes. The beans have slowed down. I'm getting lots of Anaheim peppers. The Japanese Cucumbers are producing, and taking over the garden. My Tomatillos have not done much. There is fruit all over the plants but they have been dropping off and are only about 1 to 1 1/2" in diameter.
No Jalapeno's yet. Just starting to get a couple of the gold and yellow Bell peppers. Should be ready to pick some corn soon.
We have had a pretty cool summer and things just are not ripening. And I got the garden in pretty late because of Tax Season and Knee surgery.