Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom! >

HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom!

HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom!

Old 09-21-2011, 05:42 PM

My Uncle is still hanging in there. He refused another surgery. He wouldn't of made it through it any ways. They almost lost him during the other one. He has no feeding tube. Won't get one. And he's in severe pain. I don't know how long it's been since he's eaten.

I had to watch my dad pass away. And I said I don't ever want to watch anyone else again pass away. But I know sooner or later I'll have to.

Seems like lately it's just one heart ache after another. But we are survivers. And life goes on. I just take it one day at a time.

Thank you again for all your thoughtfulness and prayers.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:10 PM

I used to work for some cardiologists and sometimes the pacemaker going in can have a problem with the battery and it causes a problem if the pacer doesn't work well with her they have other products to use. Just make sure you ask ?'s and demand answers from her Dr. Prayers for your and your family. Hope all goes well and she's home soon. It's scary when people go in the hospital. Sue
Old 09-22-2011, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by ging10ging
I used to work for some cardiologists and sometimes the pacemaker going in can have a problem with the battery and it causes a problem if the pacer doesn't work well with her they have other products to use. Just make sure you ask ?'s and demand answers from her Dr. Prayers for your and your family. Hope all goes well and she's home soon. It's scary when people go in the hospital. Sue
Thank you Sue! I'm getting ready to call down there now. But I know she won't know if she's getting out until a little later though. Unless the Dr. comes in super early.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:16 PM

My Uncle finally passed away this morning around 7am. All the family is relieved. He was suffering so bad. And in severe pain. So he's at peace now.

My Mom went home. I just talked to her a bit ago. And she's still not getting enough oxygen. I still think she should of went back over to where she had the surgery. I didn't ask her when I talked to her. But this morning, she said since she was seeing a cardiologist that she wasn't going to go see the one that done the surgery tomorrow. There's nothing I can do. Since she remarried, it's out of my hands.

I just hope and pray nothing happens to her.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:33 PM

Betty: I'm sorry about your uncle, but it is a blessing he is no longer in pain.

I agree, something doesn't seem right with your mom.
Hope it gets straightened out sooner than later.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Betty: I'm sorry about your uncle, but it is a blessing he is no longer in pain.

I agree, something doesn't seem right with your mom.
Hope it gets straightened out sooner than later.
Thank you!

I haven't talked to my Mom today. So I'm guessing everything is fine over her way.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:22 PM

Betty, Sorry about your losing your Uncle and of course we all say to you it's better for him he's out of pain. I think it may be a good thing your Mom is seeing a different cardiologist it's best a 2nd opinion and hopefully they get her pacer working correctly. Sue
Old 10-05-2011, 01:22 PM

My Mom is still having issues. They assure her the pacemaker is working fine. And one dr. that did tests a while back didn't tell her she had a heart disease.
She goes for a catherization. I won't get to go. To far. I can't spend the night. There's no one else to take care of my pets and give out meds.
She can't walk hardly from the bathroom to her bed. And she can't breathe good. So there is something going on.
We are scared she will have another heart attack.
She told me this morning that she is ready to go if that is what God had in store for her.
I don't know which day it is yet. She hasn't told me. If she even knows herself yet.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:16 AM

The catherization will tell the story for her. If they can, they will fix any blockages that she has while they are in there. I take care of my Dad and he has been through a few catherizations and they put in stints...and he is on a pacemaker also. He now has congestive heart failure so I am living with him now and taking care of him. I've got you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by lfw045
The catherization will tell the story for her. If they can, they will fix any blockages that she has while they are in there. I take care of my Dad and he has been through a few catherizations and they put in stints...and he is on a pacemaker also. He now has congestive heart failure so I am living with him now and taking care of him. I've got you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you!!! I might find out tomorrow when she is going to have it. The dr. is suppose to call her. My sister will go down with her. I won't be able to. But I'll be down there in spirit and thoughts.

I found out she told my sister the same thing she told me. That if anything happened she was ready to go. But it's still hard to hear someone tell you that.

Guess it's a waiting game now.

Thank you again for thinking of us both.