Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Hurray for our kitty cats!!!! >

Hurray for our kitty cats!!!!

Hurray for our kitty cats!!!!

Old 08-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Pollytink, What are you talking about? There are snakes and rattlesnakes in Columbus, Ohio! My cousin killed a small rattler out side his backdoor. It just is not as prevalent as Florida and Texas. They're in Indiana also. My uncle killed one in his garden about 10 years ago. Got water mocassins (cotton mouths) also.
hate those w. m. too! they are very aggressive and have been known to chase ppl!!!
Old 08-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
So glad know one got bit!
ME TOO!!! after the kids all got there and saw what was left of the six footer, dd asked where the head was...it was there but not as recognizable. Don't need any fangs laying around in the yard, like a poison needle do we? horrors! Now to keep this north end of the state COOOOOLD, so those BIG UN'S in the everglades stay down there where ppl are hunting them down! geesh...maybe we should think about moving. Anyone got a critter free state, lol?
Old 08-07-2013, 04:52 AM

I hate snakes too. Here in Michigan they are "protected". I know of some people not too far away that had their black lab bit by a rattlesnake and he died. They called to have someone come out and kill the snake and they said they couldn't because they are "protected". NOT if I see one!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:46 AM

This is my husband to a T. He won't wear his hearing aids and wouldn't hear me if I was screaming for my life in the next room
Old 08-07-2013, 06:20 AM

Glad everyone survived your scary situation! Snakes really scare me, but I respect them, too. They are not all harmful and many, in fact, are quite usefull eating and keeping populations of pests like RATS under control. Having said that, I live in a state that has every poisonous snake in this country.
The 911 emergency number services are for criminal and medical emergencies. They try to respond to everything they can, but some things are beyond their reach and resources. Something like this would go to animal control, which is quite understaffed. The also handle the alligators.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

Oh my gosh..That is so scarey..There are a lot of snakes around and if you don't know which are bad you could be in big trouble. In the early spring I seen my two big dogs attacking something in the back yard. I thought it was a rabbit or some other animal. I went out and got the dogs away to find a 7 foot razor snake coiled up in a ball. I put the dogs in and got a rake. I wanted to drive him back under the fence. My yard is totally fenced but had areas that were open under. I tried to drive the snake out but he kept striking at me. Finally I backed off a little and he started to slither off.. Finally he found an opening and went under the fence. The razor snake is protected here so you can't kill them. We have a lot of copperheads and rattle snakes around. I am told the razor snake will kill other snakes.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:32 AM

Oh my! How scary. Glad it all worked out and the kitty saved the day. I had a cat that used to catch garden snakes. Glad she never came up against a rattler!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:11 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

while I like snakes... I certainly don't like rattlers or being surprised by one. glad all are ok!

Last edited by cherrio; 08-07-2013 at 07:12 AM. Reason: lousy keyboard misspells stuff
Old 08-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

So glad everyone is okay!! Another nightmare in New Brunswick, Canada involving a snake yesterday. To young boys suffocated by a large snake above a pet store. What are people thinking to IMPORT trouble?
Old 08-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
So glad everyone is okay!! Another nightmare in New Brunswick, Canada involving a snake yesterday. To young boys suffocated by a large snake above a pet store. What are people thinking to IMPORT trouble?
Because they are DUMB **** STUPID and short-sighted.