I am a Regular Here

Old 08-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kathy
the software keeps track and posts the status, it's nothing personal
you'd be surprised how many people join simply because they have something to "unload" they are not part of the "family" and don't really care about us and we may never hear from or be able to reach them again, that's why we have so many rules for the classifieds section, we're not e-bay
This has also been an issue with the Free Offer and Donation requests. People would ask for help, receive a bunch of free fabric and then disappear...
Old 08-29-2011, 08:59 AM

Huh? I've never noticed if I'm a regular here or not. I can't imagine what possible difference it makes. I like reading many of the posts and enjoy tips, jokes etc. That's why I'm here, regular or not.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kit'smamma
Huh? I've never noticed if I'm a regular here or not. I can't imagine what possible difference it makes. I like reading many of the posts and enjoy tips, jokes etc. That's why I'm here, regular or not.
If you have regular status, it will have A Regular Here right under your name. If you want to list items for sale or post requests in Free Offers and Donations you need to have the Regular Status.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Becky Mc
I don't know if this will get posted or not but here it goes. I joined this board on March 7, 2011 I reached regular here once then lost it. I don't respond to topics that have more than a couple of pages because I feel no one will read that far anyway, so if I have some important info I will send a PM. Why do you have to maintain x amount of post in a couple of weeks to keep your regular status? I log on everyday to read this board some days I comment some I don't. Shouldn't that be enough to be a regular? I have a few things that I would like to trade/sell but can't because I don't have regular status rating. I posted help on finding some material for a friend and got lots of hits on it and she found what she needed the people here are great.
I guess the problem is I just don't have the time to respond to everything, and most of the time someone has already said what I would have so why repeat it?
So please when you see a post from me or a topic know that I am a regular here everyday.( except the days that the site is down for what ever reason)
I love this site and have learned a lot, the people here are wonderful, if one needs something one only has to ask and someone will know the answer, point you in the right direction to find something, give support, lend a shoulder, put a smile on your face, just think what a wonderful place we would have if we all lived in the same town (well maybe state since there are so many of us). I am proud to be part of this community!!
Becky
a regular here.

Believe it or not, people do read all the way thru!! Especially the one who created the topic. Make your comments anyway. The creator of the topic would appreciate it!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:59 AM

I agree with Becky...I love this site and everything and everyone on it!! I am on here too much, but don't always post a comment due to the length of some threads. Now I understand why I see so many "sorry I don't have it" comments when someone posts an ISO....how aggravating is that? I would rather that only those who have it or an idea post, not those keeping their regular status. That is a waste of everyone's time, IMHO.

In saying that, I get how people can look for ways to make this a selling/ giving away site, therefore, there must be rules. Perhaps there is a way to make a statue for those of us who don't post daily, but have posted "x" number of times? That seems fair. Not everyone is available to stay on here and post all of the time, some people become ill, some work a lot, etc., so why should this be a punishment for them? I don't mean that it's done personally, but it's still a punishment of sorts.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:07 AM
QM
Power Poster

I post here quite a lot and read many posts from others. I read any response to my posts, and enjoy them. My DH often looks over my shoulder, commenting to me when he likes a quilt he sees, but he always wants to know how many responses I've had from any quilt I've posted.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Power Poster

It would be nice if in life there was a way to make everyone happy, but it is not going to happen.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Just-Lee
I agree with Becky...I love this site and everything and everyone on it!! I am on here too much, but don't always post a comment due to the length of some threads. Now I understand why I see so many "sorry I don't have it" comments when someone posts an ISO....how aggravating is that? I would rather that only those who have it or an idea post, not those keeping their regular status. That is a waste of everyone's time, IMHO.

In saying that, I get how people can look for ways to make this a selling/ giving away site, therefore, there must be rules. Perhaps there is a way to make a statue for those of us who don't post daily, but have posted "x" number of times? That seems fair. Not everyone is available to stay on here and post all of the time, some people become ill, some work a lot, etc., so why should this be a punishment for them? I don't mean that it's done personally, but it's still a punishment of sorts.
I have also been a regular several times. I haven't posted enough this past week to keep my status. Sometimes I don't have time to even welcome people. I have a full time job, two boys and my DH. They keep me hopping. My DH is on a board for anique tractors. They base the status on "x" number of posts. Once you hit that number you become a regular. So there are ways to do this. Whether I'm a regular or not, I'll continue to look at the board and comment when I can. Too much valuable information to gain here. Just putting in my two cents worth.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:01 AM

I sometimes will jump to the last page to see the current posts. I do enjoy the comments and learn alot from the tutorials that are posted on here. This is a fun group and very helpful. I have participated in the secret pal swap also the magnet swaps are fun too. crafty_linda_b
Old 08-29-2011, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
If having a *regular* status is important to you, just *welcome* the new members daily. You only need about 3 posts per day to maintain a regular user status.
Seriously??? It is just me & my husband, but we stay so busy there are several days in a row that I don't have time to post. I try to hop on as often as I can, but I do have a life outside computers. I can't imagine how a young mother or dad with a family could possibly find time to post something everyday just to maintain a status. I love this board, the members are so wonderful and helpful, but do we really need "status"??? Just wondering?!?!