I am so sad.....

Old 09-28-2010, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Magdalena
Maybe I am a bit forward, but it is always nice to call someone back and let them know you got the "thank you" card. Then proceed to tell them how much time you put into creating this quilt. Then tell them it was nice of their daughter (?) to pay for the extra fabric when she told you that she wanted a queen size. So without, getting into the situation of the commissioning part, they will know that it was your heart intention and personal gift. Albeit, my heart goes out to you.
Very diplomatic way to handle it. I know it's difficult for some of us to be outspoken but hope you can do it. Say to yourself what I say to myself, "Hey May, Pull up your big girl panties and go for it. "

Maybe after your roommate received the thank you note from her parents she told them that the quilt was really a gift from you. May in Jersey
Old 09-28-2010, 07:40 AM

I think I might let it go too.

this simple statment may help

:arrow: What goes around comes around :arrow:
Old 09-28-2010, 08:13 AM

I was always told not to go to bed angry but to sort things out first, have a talk to your roomy and get it of your chest or it could fester away at you, let her know that you know what she has done but do it in a calm quiet manner, let her know you are dissapointed in her actions, it is easy to forgive but much harder to forget, unless you talk it out with her it will fester and one day explode, if she is a good friend it is worth the effort, if not it will still be worth the effort for your own piece of mind
Old 09-28-2010, 08:27 AM

My opinion: Tell your roommate exactly what you know so she won't think she pulled one over on you and got away with it. She's dishonest. If she believes she got away with this, she'll be encouraged to do more dishonest actions. She stole $200 from you! In addition to that, she took other things that are above monetary value. One of those is your trust in her and probably in other people in general. Last, but not least, get a different roommate as soon as opportunity allows.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:39 AM

I'd send a nice letter thanking the lady for her kind comments,
and enclose the bill for the amount she had agreed to.

Then if you don't get it, well, both she and her daughter are taking advantage of you. I had one like that many years ago, over 50 years ago, and I'm still bitter when I think of what she did.

Clear out the air with her, and start looking for either a new apartment or a new room mate. This might escalate once they know they can get away with it. Take any small, valuable items to a bank lock box, and take pictures of all the rooms that are yours, keep bills of sale in the bank also. This I'm saying from experience.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:41 AM

Be sure and let us know what happens from her on out.

We're waiting.........
Old 09-28-2010, 06:05 PM

Thank you all for your advise and your kind words.

Just to clear things up a bit....what she did was tell her parents she paid me for making the quilt so she could gift to them!

I am leaning toward just letting it go. I am in the process of selling a house I own to the people renting it. So within the next year I will be in a place of my own with no roomie at all. She has a big karmic debt in her future and I believe in karma! In Texas we it call it "what goes around comes around". So I will let that take care of it and her.

Thank you all again for being here with kind words and warm hearts! Hugs and blessings to all of you....
Old 09-28-2010, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
Thank you all for your advise and your kind words.

Just to clear things up a bit....what she did was tell her parents she paid me for making the quilt so she could gift to them!

I am leaning toward just letting it go. I am in the process of selling a house I own to the people renting it. So within the next year I will be in a place of my own with no roomie at all. She has a big karmic debt in her future and I believe in karma! In Texas we it call it "what goes around comes around". So I will let that take care of it and her.

Thank you all again for being here with kind words and warm hearts! Hugs and blessings to all of you....
So sorry. You have a good attitude about it. I am proud of you! Give yourself three days to mope and moan and then move on. It is so not worth letting it eat you up inside. Happier days are ahead.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:24 AM

So glad that we have this message board. You had a place to write out your story and feelings, get some opinions and sort the situation out in our mind and find the solution that works best for you. Good luck with the sale of the house and getting your own place. May in Jersey
Old 09-29-2010, 05:47 AM

Well, if that doesn't just sip grapefruit juice through a straw. The gall of some people. Well, you can't let it get to you. I started to tell you that should the occasion ever arise, you could say,"Well, so and so never did tell me how you liked my gift to you." But, that would only cause a lot of hard feelings all the way around. So, I would just tell you to feel good about yourself and go on. But, be careful not to let yourself get"trapped" in something like that again. Sending you HUGS.