Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I bought a new toothbrush and laughed myself silly.

Blog Entries

I bought a new toothbrush and laughed myself silly.

I bought the new Phillips DiamondClean Rechargeable sonic toothbrush and it came with a USB cord! I had a HUH? moment for a few seconds then DH and I laughed hysterically at the very idea of having a toothbrush connected to my computer.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    That is funny, I have never heard of such a thing...
    Sadiemae

My dentist told me the new Diamond Clean would reverse my gum disease if I started using it now before my gum problem advanced, and save me many times the price of one in dental care.
    They are expensive but he said not as expensive as he was.
    I think connecting a toothbrush to a computer is an idea I'd never have thought of.
    LOL.

Maybe they are saving on money by not including a charger. It might fit your cell charger if they sent you a cord for it. Most new cell chargers have a detachable cord and the end that connects to the wall has a USB port type inlet. Just a thought.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    That's so you can charge it up !!!!!

Blog Entries
    It came with a regular charger. The USB charger was included. Really snazzy regular charger, stainless steel and glass.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry -- I just couldn't help my first reaction: That is the stupidest thing I have heard today! Why connect a toothbrush to a computer? Does it send pictures of your teeth to your dentist? Is there a software program that will somehow improve your brushing technique? Will a video of you appear on Youtube and go viral? (Brush, spit, rinse,brush, spit, rinse...) Or maybe there is a miniature camera on the toothbrush head and we will all be treated to the inside view of your mouth full of toothpaste...kinda like being in a car going through the carwash? Yes, I know it is to charge the toothbrush, don't everyone reply to tell me how dumb I am.

Blog Entries
    Ha! Please let us all know the first time you walk into a business office and find that there is a toothbrush on the executives' desk!! Things like this always make me wonder, who got paid to think this one up.
    Last edited by Rose L; 11-26-2011 at 01:30 AM. Reason: wrong word usage
    Janome D1822/Janome 4618LE/1946 Singer 15-91 in original cabinet
    Bailey 17 Pro/Grace Original GMQ Frame with No-Flex carriage upgrade

I love things that charge on the computer as it is always on and I have cameras, phones etc plugged into the hub.

A USB charger would probably be easier to carry if you travel a lot.

mltquilt

Not 'dumb' but you sure are funny. LOL I bet you're a hoot to quilt with.

Blog Entries
    Sorry I am still trying to picture this- sorry just wrap my mind around using my computer to "charge" other things .... LOL What will they think of next ?
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Quote Originally Posted by theoldgraymare View Post
    I'm sorry -- I just couldn't help my first reaction: That is the stupidest thing I have heard today! Why connect a toothbrush to a computer? Does it send pictures of your teeth to your dentist? Is there a software program that will somehow improve your brushing technique? Will a video of you appear on Youtube and go viral? (Brush, spit, rinse,brush, spit, rinse...) Or maybe there is a miniature camera on the toothbrush head and we will all be treated to the inside view of your mouth full of toothpaste...kinda like being in a car going through the carwash? Yes, I know it is to charge the toothbrush, don't everyone reply to tell me how dumb I am.
    I don't think you are dumb! I think you are creative. Thanks for the giggles.
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

SO many new ideas lately!!!! LOL We saw a Harley motorcycle rider sitting at a streetlight on his bike -------brushing his teeth!! I thought THAT was weird enough! LOL
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I bought the new Phillips DiamondClean Rechargeable sonic toothbrush and it came with a USB cord! I had a HUH? moment for a few seconds then DH and I laughed hysterically at the very idea of having a toothbrush connected to my computer.
    My daughter recharges her cell phone on her computer. The question I have... how do you keep the overspray of the brush off the computer parts?
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

T.
    Doesn't anyone brush their teeth while reading the board?
    Yes miltquilt, you've got the idea. You can actually use the same charger for many things. My GPS, camera, and phone all have the GPS connection for charging. I have read somewhere some time ago, that when you travel and forget the charger for your phone, just go to the hotel front desk and go through their lost and found; you may find that fits yours. Many people forget theirs there. This way, you only have to bring 1 charger for all of your gadgets.

Blog Entries
    OH MY! This new toothbrush is the best I've ever used if a toothbrush can be the best. LOL. I can understand now why my dentist said get one. It much better then the regular Sonicare. And no I didn't hook it to my computer. LOL. I can't find this model in any store or pharmacy here. Another episode of getting 'crazy woman' stare when the 'experts' don't know what I'm talking about. The pharmacist manager said Sonicare Did Not make that model and they had all the models of the Sonicare. I must be thinking of another brand. I took the box to the pharmacy to show them ....yes the model is made and yes this is the one the best and busiest dentist in town is recommending them so too bad you are missing out on the sales as I ordered four more this morning for Christmas gifts for my family. I can be as much of a jerk as any 'expert'. LOL
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Sooooooooo where did you get the tooth brush? Does is sit on your desk to charge, or does the PC sit on your bathroom sink? I've got to confess when I first read your post I thought it was a joke and was looking for the punch line.
    We would worry less about what others think of us if we realized how seldom they do.

Blog Entries
    Wouldn't it be funny if the toothbrush had a computer chip and kept track of how often and for how long you brushed? Then you or your dentist could download the information and .... do what with it, I don't know. I know my husband's CPAP keeps track of his usage.

I think this might be very useful if you travel internationally. Then you only have to have one converter for the Laptop and can power multiple items. I have had to unplug my phone or alarm clock to plug up my laptop. Actually seems to be a good idea.
    Vicki W

Blog Entries
    I bought it at amazon. It has a regular charger that plugs in to a electrical outlet. The USB charger says for ease of travel use. It comes with a really nice travel case. The charger will fit my digital camera and my Kindle and the adapter plug will fit my Iphone so it's worth having. I just thought it was funny that a toothbrush would come with a USB cord. I never thought to even want one before. ? What next coffee makers? Toasters? LOL
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    LOL..I have a Phillips Sonic but it didn't come with a usb hook up. That is to funny. They are great toothbrushes. I was cheated..no usb hook up. LOL.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    So funny!!! Darn, I just replaced my Philips Sonicare with a new one but it doesn't have the USP port lol
    They are awesome toothbrushes.
    What would life be-without song or dance what are we?- ABBA

Blog Entries
    Here is the one I bought that had the USB cord. Philips Sonicare HX9382/05 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush **DENTAL PROFESSIONAL MODEL

Got fabric?