I got a job!!!

Old 05-15-2010, 07:35 AM

Good for you! Congrats and I hope you enjoy your new job.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:37 AM

:thumbup:
Old 05-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Google Goddess

awesome, congratulations
Old 05-15-2010, 11:06 AM

I hope your job works out well. I worked at walmart for a little over five years. The first years were great. I was an overnight stocker also. Towards the end a new manager came in (ours) retired to Florida). Unfortunately things were not the same. Hope you have great people to work with. I did.
Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
I've been in the process of getting a job at Wal-Mart for a couple weeks. They called me back today telling me my drug test came back okay and I get to do orientation on Tuesday. So now its official. :D I'm going to be working the night shift doing overnight stocking.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:34 PM

Congras! Be sure to post when they're having a unbeliveable sale on fabrics, sew machine, notions, etc. PLEASE!
Old 05-15-2010, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by nwm50
Congras! Be sure to post when they're having a unbeliveable sale on fabrics, sew machine, notions, etc. PLEASE!
Unfortunatly, our Wal-Mart got rid of their fabric not too long after they opened the new Wal-Mart across the street (which the new fabric section was a 1/4 of the size of the old one). But we still have sewing machines, notions, beaded crafts, etc.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:14 PM

That's great news, lots of good luck to ya!!
Old 05-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Pam

YAY!!! More $$ for fabric.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
I am happy for anyone who gets a job in today's economy. Congratulations. Remember to rest in the daytime. Make you a blackout room and set some rules. You get zombiefied if you don't sleep then the world falls apart. You might put yourself on nightshift at home as soon as you can to get used to it before you have to do it. The best to you.
lol. I sleep during the day anyways. I've been getting used to the actual hours I'll be working for a couple weeks now. I have noticed the sun comes up way before I go to bed so I had to put extra fabric over my windows to try and blot the sun out. Kind of works. I'm hoping to do a better job of it later or get some super thick dark curtains so I'll have like a bat cave during the day.
I have seen a lot of day sleepers put aliminum foil on their sleeping room windows. They say it really works. I have mini blinds, navy blue sheers and navy blue curtains and it is dark except above the curtain rod. You could put a thick towel or blanket there. I don't know how they attach the foil to the window. Good luck.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:46 PM

I am happy for anyone who gets a job in today's economy. Congratulations. Remember to rest in the daytime. Make you a blackout room and set some rules. You get zombiefied if you don't sleep then the world falls apart. You might put yourself on nightshift at home as soon as you can to get used to it before you have to do it. The best to you.
lol. I sleep during the day anyways. I've been getting used to the actual hours I'll be working for a couple weeks now. I have noticed the sun comes up way before I go to bed so I had to put extra fabric over my windows to try and blot the sun out. Kind of works. I'm hoping to do a better job of it later or get some super thick dark curtains so I'll have like a bat cave during the day.
I have seen a lot of day sleepers put aliminum foil on their sleeping room windows. They say it really works. I have mini blinds, navy blue sheers and navy blue curtains and it is dark except above the curtain rod. You could put a thick towel or blanket there. I don't know how they attach the foil to the window. Good luck.
Foil huh? Maybe I'll have to try that.