Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I just have to brag a little bit....

I just have to brag a little bit....

I'm from a small city or large town, whichever you prefer. I was born and "raised" here, and there's hardly ever any talent that becomes known as being from here. Anyway, that being said, I just found out that an up-and-coming sibling group is from here....The Cain's. Here is a link to one of their youtube videos that was filmed right here in Hartselle, AL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQwC0GuM4Xo Hope you enjoy it.
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Blog Entries
    Beautiful voices and a great song too ! I really like them ! (says the lady in her 60s) LOL
    P.Jaco
    OKC, OK
    "Trust your experience"

i like them..very good. you can understand what they are singing. also in my 60s.
    ​DEBRA

Nice, very nice. I'll remember them and thanks for sharing.

I liked it, thanks for sharing!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Very nice, trying to trace if they have released an album here in the UK - but with no luck.
    Do you have any information please ?

DottyD, I don't know if they've released one in the UK, but they are supposed to have just released one here in the US. I read about it in our weekly newspaper....did I mention that our town isn't large enough to have a daily paper? I'll try to find out more for you. Meanwhile, there's a couple of songs on youtube from them.
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

Thanks Debbie, I found the youtube songs and would love to hear more. I love Lady Antebellum and often listen to them.
    We had a show a year ago called Britain's Got Talent and a group of boys called Collabro won. Here is a link to their audition song. They have now released their second album and I am thrilled to be going to see them in concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob5UJS2WwQ8

I would like to share them with you !

I thought they were great.

KLO
    Blog Entries
    I loved listening to The Cains. That song they sang was really beautiful and as hamchips88 said, you can understand the words which for this song was wonderful. Thanks DebbieJJ for posting that.

I just watched/listened to DottyD's song posting and wow, those guys were wonderful. I am always amazed at the talent that is out there but yet to be discovered. Wonderful voices all around. Thanks for that!

pal
    Thank you so much - I had to listen to more songs from them - what a joy they are!
    PACE - Positive Attitude Changes Everything

"All things are literally better, lovlier, and more beloved for the imperfections that reflect the human effort that went into their making."

They are great!!! Have they done any recording yet? I'd love to see more of them!!
    Anne Freeman
    Hermon ME

Bet they are going to put you on the map

Quote Originally Posted by DottyD View Post
    Thanks Debbie, I found the youtube songs and would love to hear more. I love Lady Antebellum and often listen to them.
    We had a show a year ago called Britain's Got Talent and a group of boys called Collabro won. Here is a link to their audition song. They have now released their second album and I am thrilled to be going to see them in concert.

They are great. Thanks for sharing.
    Jennifer: Organized in my dreams.
    🌷RIP dear Tigger....you are missed!
    Buddybear's Mom ...Yorkie Fur Baby

Quote Originally Posted by hamchips88 View Post
    i like them..very good. you can understand what they are singing. also in my 60s.
    I love you can understand what they are singing......also in my 60s.
    Jennifer: Organized in my dreams.
    🌷RIP dear Tigger....you are missed!
    Buddybear's Mom ...Yorkie Fur Baby

Quote Originally Posted by DottyD View Post

Thanks DottyD, they were great! I think I had run across them before, but had forgotten about them.

As for the Cain's, the article in our weekly paper is found at: http://www.hartselleenquirer.com/201...ep-on-july-21/ I made a mistake in thinking that they had already released their album, it's coming out in July, but will be available on Amazon and other online outlets.

By the way, I'm in no way related to these talented young folks, I'm just proud of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJJ View Post
    I'm from a small city or large town, whichever you prefer. I was born and "raised" here, and there's hardly ever any talent that becomes known as being from here. Anyway, that being said, I just found out that an up-and-coming sibling group is from here....The Cain's. Here is a link to one of their youtube videos that was filmed right here in Hartselle, AL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQwC0GuM4Xo Hope you enjoy it.
    I am from Decatur and know Hartselle very well.I haven't been home in 20 years and I am sure there have been a lot of changes there.I like the group very much.Very clean cut.

Thanks for sharing - really enjoyed that

Quote Originally Posted by jeanredner View Post
    I am from Decatur and know Hartselle very well.I haven't been home in 20 years and I am sure there have been a lot of changes there.I like the group very much.Very clean cut.
    Jean, yes Decatur has changed a lot in the last 20 yrs! It's even changed a lot in the last 5 yrs. since we've moved back from Wisconsin.
    I'm glad you're all liking the group....I do, and I really enjoy listening to music that I can understand the words to.

I really like them as well.

They sing very well, no nasty words and I can understand them.