I Love Online Shopping!

Old 12-11-2013, 08:39 AM

I hear you on the online shopping though it can get out of hand too if not careful. Too easy to shop on these websites. As I live in a small town with limited to no craft stores nearby, online shopping is my best solution. I try to wait till there are sales, discounts, free shipping, etc before I do it so I can save as much as possible as I'm also retired so on a limited income. Whenever I see a new product I think I might want or need in the future, I write down the info on a scrap of paper with as much description as possible plus price and then when one of my favorite sites is having a sale, I'll check to see if they carry it and what their price is. Just this past month a BOM I'm doing needed the Tri-Rec rulers and when JoAnne's was having the Black Friday sale, someone mentioned they had these rulers (every place else was sold out) so I checked them out, they were on sale and I added a few other items I needed to the order. They shipped quickly so I'm a happy camper right now.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:48 AM

Be careful, online shopping is very addictive......love the thrill of a package on the way to me......maybe there's a rehab I should go into.....
Old 12-12-2013, 05:30 AM
Power Poster

I've been a fan of online shopping since the first store page opened. I buy a lot of my groceries online. I go to retail stores less and less these days.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:25 AM

I have never enjoyed shopping in stores - guess I didn't get that gene. I hate the whole scene - crowds, parking, walking on cement and hard floors, carrying packages. So once on-line shopping arrived, I embraced it whole-heartedly! Yes, it's nice to touch the fabric, but I got over that quickly. I learned to take the advice of all of you here and my quilting friends about which on-line stores are the best and never looked back!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:26 AM

I like shopping online to avoid crowds, but if it's for clothes for myself than I have to go to the store.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:33 AM

First time for me this year. Loved it. Stay in by the fire and ordered. Everything is here but one item which is ok as it was for a late Jan. birthday present. Just received my order from Missouri Star. So excited and lots of free templates. WOW!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

I stick to one brand of clothing from Dillards. I know my size in that brand so I can order online. Same with shoes. I stick to two brands. This way I don't have to waste my shopping time looking for clothes. DH buys his clothes from one catalog everything including underwear and socks. He can dress casual at work so several suits will do him for formal occasions. They never wear out, just need updating from time to time. I'm not a fan of mom and pop stores so rarely shop those.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:43 AM

I agree. I love shopping online also. I do not miss going into the malls one bit!!