Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I miss my kids being small! >

I miss my kids being small!

I miss my kids being small!

Old 06-21-2010, 08:06 PM

I do miss my children being small mime are 38,35,28 and 22.Know I don't have anyone to blame things on. LOL. Buy this is the truth I always told then I didn't raised you to grow up and move away (a Cancer nested thing) buy of course they all did. I so miss all the messy ice cream cones, there sweet little faces when they were sleeping and all things in between. I guess it's about time I should grow up. I guess I will kicking and screaming all the way.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:37 PM

As usual, I am going to say the opposite of everyone else. I am just strange, I know.

I liked my kids as teenagers - thought they were fun and it was cool to see them become individuals.

I do not think they grow up so fast. I thought it took forever and have never understood people who said it went too fast.

I have never spent one minute wanting them to be little again.

And heck, I'll throw this one in too so you really think I'm crazy - I think girls are easier to raise than boys.

I have four - 2 of each - 17, 19, 21 and 24.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:35 AM
Google Goddess

wow, sounds like kids have a busy summer
Old 06-25-2010, 05:08 AM

Watching my grands every single day makes it easier for me. They are my little man Hudson who is 2 and just so adoreable, my little princess Adriana who really can be a diva, and Austin who is 13 and the girls just think hes it! I have little ones indoors and usually 5 or 6 13 yr olds outside on the trampoline and pool. At the end of the night I can hand all the kids safely into my poor over worked daughters hands. I stay there at least 2 nights a week to help her get them to bed, and we stay up too late talking....but its times I'll never forget.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:34 AM

My daughter is 21. She nows has a daughter and 2 step sons (my avatar). My son is 17, he is hardly ever home with work and the country boy stuff he does. I thought I would be upset more than I am. Now, I find myself calling my daughter and begging her to bring me my grandbabies. I never want to have a quiet house!