Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I miss summer!

Blog Entries
    Sick of the rainy, cold days already and winter is not even here yet!

Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    We have been having the most wonderful autumn weather over the past few days -- temps in the high teens and 20's Celcuis (60's and into the 70's), lots of sun, and light winds -- all of which are certainly not the norm for here in October. :D

We are loving it and look on every fine day as a blessing - winter will be here soon enough. :x

The rain finally left here, but it's turned cold. I have my slippers and robe on. Trying to NOT turn the heat on. Good thing I have quilts! lol

I love the weather we're having. After weeks of 90+, our highs are in the 60's and 70's and lows in the 40's. It's almost like summer in VT!

Loving the weather here, also. After several months of temperatures well over 100F, this is a very welcome break :-)

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Oh my gosh, you weren't in Ohio obviously! It was the hottest, most horrible summer I've ever known.

Its been really chilly here the last few days!

Banned
    dreaming of a simple life. Living off the grid!
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Oh my gosh, you weren't in Ohio obviously! It was the hottest, most horrible summer I've ever known.
    Ditto.....

.Ohio was a killer this summer I hated it so much I almost killed myself. It has cooled off the last few days, and I am loving it. Give me rain, cold, ice and winter snow any day over heat. When it is cold you can put clothes on when it is hot and you are wearing shorts and a tee and the sweat is pooling around your body there is nothing more to take off. Well there is but I don't think people want to see me naked, not a very pretty sight.

We never had a summer here. Now the colder weather has come My back is not happy it doesn't like cold! Sending you warm wishes.

I have my heat on to ward off the damp and cold weather and I am not complaining. I hated that dreadful 90plus heat and humidity this summer. We need the rain and it has only been a couple of days.

Last night it was so cold in classroom, we left early, took over 1/2 hour fo rmy hands to warm up and me to quite shivering. They had the AC on!
    I am sitting here with my little heater on by my tootsies, it is raining out, and a 'warm' 46*. I want more of Indian summer weather, not ready for cold and snow yet. Could be worse tho.

I am in your neighboring state; and have to admit that I don't miss the wretched heat we had this summer at all. A beautiful day here today, in the 60's and I was able to spend a few hours outside doing some clean up in my flower beds and lawn mowing. Plenty more to do; but supposed to rain tomorrow and Thursday. Use all the rain as a good excuse to quilt lol.

I do too, because I would have liked to make ONE more trip to the beach....too chilly now!

one week ago yesterday (Monday, Sept 27th) it was 116* at my house. Today it's 65*. I love the cool weather, but anyone wonder why my throat is beginning to feel scratchy?? :(

We had a cold front come through a few days ago. The temperature is cool here for this time of year. Low 60"s at night and mid 70's in the day. I don't think it will last but I am enjoying having the house open and no air conditioning! :D

You should come to the UK! We have all seasons in one day!!!! Blink twice and you miss summer!!! :-D :-D :-D

I'm not missing our hot humid summer. We are in the 70s or low 80s now and it feels wonderful.

Rainy cold days are the worst. It just seems so hard to stay warm. I would send you some of our hot days if I could. :)

Blog Entries
    We are getting down to the nitty gritty of Autumn now. We have our next door neighbor's Ash leaves - ALL OF THEM - in our back yard, which means raking and sucking up the leaves. Can't leave the leaves gather too long, because we lose the dog "Bombs"!!!!! Try sucking that stuff up with a blower/vac!!!!! The maples are beautiful now and the leaves are starting to fall. Soon it will become dark and desolate and snow will come and we will all be cocooned in our little homes waiting for Spring to come. We get the Fall cleaning done and then around November sometime we get the carpet cleaned, all set and ready for the holidays and the rest of the winter (snow does not dirty a carpet). Then in Spring after Spring cleaning is done, we get the carpet cleaned, but not until the mud has dried up,because mud dirties a carpet, the grass is growing and we can start off nice and clean again! I love our four seasons - They are so seasonable!!!!!! You say Spring and you know exactly what is coming and when it ends, You say Summer and you put away anything that covers your kneecaps and arms. You say Autumn and you put away anything that doesn't cover your kneecaps and arms and you rake away and compost - everything you waited for since Spring. You say Winter and you just hibernate and fight over the thermostat. I say 68, the husband says 74. I roast - he freezes! He wins, I lose!

I hate coats, jackets, boots, mittens, gloves, scarves. I hold off on my winter jacket (down filled, of course) until my nose hairs freeze in my nostrils. Usually around December if I can stand it that long. I'm the first one out of the jacket, like the first part of March - way too soon, of course, but I wash it and when it is washed it is packed away - then that's when it is the coldest!!!!!!! Only kidding! It's not that cold in March. It just feels that way. Why is it that 40* in February is so warm and 40* in October is so cold!!!!!!

Oh, yes, I miss Summer, too. Edie

Understand completely we have had 5 days of rain so far and it is still raining. Very dreary

Lyn
    I love this weather. My plants and lawn are getting watered, my gardening has come to a close and I feel no guilt being up in my sewing room.

After all of the sweltering days in Florida,I was ready to head back North for some cooler weather,but it was just as hot there.Thank goodness it has finally cooled off here and the humidity has let up.It is 61 here this morning in the sunshine state.Love it!!!

Loving it here in Phoenix, AZ - we are now in the 90s.

Girl, enjoy them! We're just getting a little cool weather in the past week, was sooo hot, I vowed to never complain about the cold!

It has turned cooler here too. This morning I had to dig out my fleece robe. ALREADY

Obie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast