Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I need help to find a project.

Blog Entries

I need help to find a project.

I made a red pincushion and posted it here, and want to make one for a new sewer friend. It is a pincushion, that I hand sewed. It is red with gold in the fabric that I fussy cut a hibiscus flower out of, and you insert the pins around the outside edge. The only stuffing was a small piece of thick batting front and back, No stuffing. It used two plastic discs. It was possibly called a safety pin cushion.
    My friend currently carries a small tomato pincushion in her purse when she is in waiting rooms etc. and I thought she could use a safer one to carry. I have searched this board and the net for over an hour using every description I can think of. Can any of you help me find it. It was not the orange and green one which is the only one I found here. Maybe it is pictured as a recent project? I do not know how long ago it was, but it was a free project. I have changed computers and evidently lost the pattern in the transfer. Help.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Blog Entries
    If I understand correctly you posted it here. If that’s the case you should be able to look through all your posts or started threads.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    If I understand correctly you posted it here. If that’s the case you should be able to look through all your posts or started threads.
    I can not remember why I posted it, except I have posted it with other projects, I believe. Life with memory problems is difficult. I did look through everything I posted in Pictures, I just hoped someone would remember the pattern for it. I think I got the idea for the pin holder from someone here....
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Blog Entries
    Not in either place.

Is it this one? It's not red but maybe it's the same pattern.

https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictur...on-t80593.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by osewme View Post
    Is it this one? It's not red but maybe it's the same pattern.

https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictur...on-t80593.html
    Nope, that is the only other one I have made. The one I am seeking is deep red with gold, and at first glance looks like a fabric cookie with pins straight pins pushed in from the side.

Blog Entries
    did you look in Pictures, then Gallery. there is one for pincushions. I remember the pins going in around the sides .

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=nativetexan;8209156]did you look in Pictures, then Gallery. there is one for pincushions. I remember the pins going in around the sides .[/QUOTE

I found my way to the gallery, and it is not there. If I could at least remember what it was called, or where I got it, I could hunt more.
    Last edited by madamekelly; 02-11-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thank you all for trying to help.

I found your original post & the photos:

https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictur...k-t125256.html

Unfortunately the site you got he pattern from is no longer available.

Blog Entries
    Thank you. At least I have the picture and a vague memory of how it was done, now that I have seen it again.

It doesn't look like the original poster crewsemj has been active since 2012 ? I wonder if you sent her a private message, she might still get it and help you out?