Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I need the 'Quilting Bug' to bite me again - fast!! >

I need the 'Quilting Bug' to bite me again - fast!!

I need the 'Quilting Bug' to bite me again - fast!!

Old 12-20-2012, 08:52 AM

Boy, all I have to do is look at a quilt magazine, or get in here and look at all the stuff. Then I want to make it all. I have trouble at night, as well. Work all day, just want to veg out at night. My machine is set up at the end of the living room, so I can still watch TV and visit with DH. But some nights my recliner just calls to me. Do whatever inspires you. Don't "force" it, it may take the fun out. But then again, just start looking through your stash and at patterns, audition some possibilities. Maybe that will get you going again. Good luck. And Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:22 PM

Give yourself a break...you are working and need to learn a new machine! Maybe try to think of it as "playing" with the machine will give you the urge to do more!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:05 AM

You all are such a blessing. Thank you!!
I did get my new machine threaded yesterday, even had to follow the book on it, it's quite a bit different! lol!!
And bought a bunch of wonder under, as the baby quilt has appliqued butterflys on it.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:38 AM

I'm home full time due to physical disabilities and I don't get all my sewing done either, I leave my projects where I can see them every day and I force myself at times to go over and do some simple cutting (stripes) and then I will find some time to sew the easy stuff. It's not just you! lol I couldn't imagine working full time again and trying to fit sewing in, take a little at a time would be my suggestion. The other's ideas would work well too especially working on a smaller project.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:19 AM

I like the 15 min rule, I have been in a slump myself.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:27 AM

It sounds to me that the job is making you very tired and unfocused.when I was working this happened to me told I was stressed. Probably was, just give your self time. With no pressure. Find a group to join or go to in the evening eve if its only once a month. I am sure their how and tell will inspire you.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:55 PM

Mollie Sue where in MI are you? Maybe you need a sewing buddy. PM me to see if we are somewher near each other. I've had a hard time motivating myself too. Maybe we could motivate each other. Enjoy your new machine.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:08 PM

Dottymo, yeap my job is very face paced, stressful. Grrr.... I think it uses up all my energy mentally, and literally do very little week nights. Somehow that has to change.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:11 PM

Just sent you a PM Grannie Sharon!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:12 PM

I wasn't able to quilt for most of 2011 - fell down our stairs and broke my arm - I finally had surgery in December last year and now am back to life. It was hard to start sewing again - I was out of the habit! It has been a year and I am sewing more, using my longarm more and in general just doing more. I still don't have the stamina that I used to have but if I get to spend any time sewing it's a good day.