I played hookie today

Old 08-24-2011, 06:59 PM

Took DH to best Italian restaurant in WV and to one of his favorite antique shop/buddies. On the way I made him kiss the windshield when I stood on the brakes because of a doe standing in the road. She moved but on the left verge her fawns stood twitching and undecided about following her with us stopped and looking at them. Finally we eased forward and they bounced away from the road and into the woods.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:36 PM

Years ago I worked at a law firm that would close on the first really nice, sunny, warm spring day of the year, and send all the employees out to play. It was awesome.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:55 PM

Glad you had such a lovely day!
Today was a MUCH better day than yesterday.
Still dealing with the issues but past the shock of hearing our booth at Scarborough Faire was one of the 7 that burned to the ground Monday night and also learning that a friend on the site staff was killed in the fire.
Got some sorting done that resulted in consolidating stuff from several miscellaneous tuppers into a bunch of smaller boxes all the same size that fit ever so nicely on the two shelves under the left end of the back counter. Now to do the boxes under the other half of the counter tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:32 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by mom-6
Still dealing with the issues but past the shock of hearing our booth at Scarborough Faire was one of the 7 that burned to the ground Monday night and also learning that a friend on the site staff was killed in the fire.
OMG! I can't imagine!! Do you have an idea how it started? Was the Faire open at the time? I'm so sorry for the losses in your shop and the staff member.

Jan in VA
Old 08-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Jim

I spent a few hours on the phone with lawyers talking about probate on my mothers estate..she past away 2 weeks ago of Alzheimers at age 83...then after the 4 grands left for the day, my wife and I went out to weed a few flower beds that we had negelected. When it got to dark to do anymore, we cleaned up and as I was putting things up, I tripped over a garden cart tumbled into the side of the car hitting my head and shoulder and fell onto the concrete driveway, hitting my head and scraping my knee, leg and toes. All in all it COULD have been a worse day...but the gardens look great, my knee leg and toes will heal and we can freely give away the things that belonged to my Mom that my 6 brothers and sisters dont want...Gardening and Quilting make everything better and I am blessed.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:07 AM

That sounds like a wonderful day!!!! I have summers off work and start back on Tuesday. Right now I am in OMG I havent done anything this summer. lol Today cleaned a couple closets. Goodwill here I come. Glad you enjoyed your day of rest.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:52 AM

Sounds like everyone had productive days! Good luck on part 2 of ur test! I took them in nursing school but seperately! Hope everyone has a great day!!!