Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I think they are proud of this Machine >

I think they are proud of this Machine

I think they are proud of this Machine

Old 07-15-2011, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I wrote and ask them to show me PROOF that this machine was worth that price...that was last week..still no word...so sent them another email from my DH email addy..still NO reply...
LOL hmmm I think they get the point! I guess it's alright to dream!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:02 PM

They see the gold decals and think that with the price of gold these days... ~shrug~ :lol:

Miz Donna, if it was in a wood case, it wasn't a featherweight... :) Most likely a 99 if it was small, and $25 wasn't a bad price!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:17 PM

It a good thing Wanting isn't a crime.. Mine is 109 yrs young still sews like brand new Cabinet is stiil beautiful with original handbook and all the attachments are in a nice 1/4 fold out flat wooden box I also have the original key for the drawers My DH pd $75 for her out of an Antique Store
Old 07-15-2011, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchit123
It a good thing Wanting isn't a crime.. Mine is 109 yrs young still sews like brand new Cabinet is stiil beautiful with original handbook and all the attachments are in a nice 1/4 fold out flat wooden box I also have the original key for the drawers My DH pd $75 for her out of an Antique Store
You should ask for $700 for yours!!!! Geez, you got the manual and the key. . . ..
Old 07-16-2011, 04:01 AM

Wow! I have 2 treadles. Wonder if they would give me $500 a piece for them and they could double their money on them! ROFL
Old 07-16-2011, 05:05 AM

The sad thing is is that a couple of people have contacted them about their price being way off they still have the item listed on Craigslist! I would have pulled the ad until I got a better perspective on the pricing or pulled the ad all together or reduced the price. . . .
Old 07-16-2011, 03:12 PM

I saw an ad for a featherweight for $900 and it wasn't in that good of shape. Don't know if it was sold or not. Saw another singer that was listed as a flip top featherweight, it wasn't a featherweight.