Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I Want to See YOUR Face

Thank you PatchesnPosies. There are a soooo many beautiful ladies on here, and even if you think you're not, there's always someone who thinks you are. Most quilters are also beautiful inside, where it counts, and from reading all the posts on this board, everyone on the quilting board is beautiful inside.
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Debbie! Cut that out... you're makin' me cry today!! Sniffle sniffle. I hope some more of our folks come on and post their pictures to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJJ View Post
    Well, I don't know who this old lady is looking back at me in the mirror.......
    Attachment 511286

Have any of you ever heard of a "lipstick allergy"? I'm highly allergic to wearing it. My lips swell and blister, and ooze a clear liquid if I put any on. Now I've started doing it with tinted lip glosses. All I can use is a prescription lip ointment, untinted. What is so strange, drs. couldn't diagnose me for about 25 yrs, then when I went to a dermatologist, there was another woman in there with the same symptoms. This dr. commented on it not being so rare, but nobody I know has ever heard of it. Long story to say this: The reason I don't wear makeup is because I can't put on any lipstick, and also my DH likes me to stay natural, plus it helps that I just don't like taking it off at night, but I force myself to if I ever do put any on.
    You look lovely, natural! If I'm going out, I usually wear a lip tint but gave up on actual lipstick, long ago. Just never found one that was comfortable, if that makes any sense. As for make up, I use Neutrogena sunscreen and IF I think about it and IF I'm going somewhere special, I use a tiny bit of sheer cream blush. Can't stand the feel of foundation on my face. Now that I've gotten older (early 60s), I find makeup only draws attention to my wrinkles, anyway.

I've found that I'm allergic to certain chapsticks, but not all. Burt's Bees or Chapstick Strawberry will burn my lips, in no time flat. Years ago, I was using Burt's Bees fairly regularly, until I apparently built up a sensitivity to it. For a while afterwards until until they healed, all I could use was lanolin.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I have to be careful with lip balms also. Haven't worn makeup of any kind for about 25 years. Absolutely no perfume for about 50 years. Never really liked the stuff. always a headache. I also blistered like cold sores when I wore lipstick and gloss. Had to quilt wearing mascara about 10 years ago. So just don't wear anything but fragrance and dye free lotions.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    It's tessagin. Gain was takin. Pun on my name. (takin) oh well! It's easy just go to the image icon (4th icon past smiley emoticon and follow directions. Stay safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtnquiltinglady View Post
    LOL Jeanne, my face when a grandkid doesn't want to rip out her bad stitching....

And I love seeing you, tessagin, or is it "gain", if I try to go back I'll lose my way to this comment. No grandkids yet, and this is their 5th day with no school. I might try to call and see if they'll walk me through posting a pic.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Not seeing a pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda m View Post
    That's me in the corner with the quilt I made for my youngest son.

This thread is so much fun! We really should try to arrange a big meeting somewhere, sometime. What a blast that would be!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

This is me with Chacho at his vet's office on St. Patrick's day. I had to look far to find a picture of me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mary

yel
    Blog Entries
    hello ...wish i was there .....

yel
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbielinks View Post
    I never want my picture taken and often delete a picture of me before it is saved or printed so I have had a hard time coming up with one. But finally found one in a scrapebook that I am keeping for my oldest granddaughter. You can see by the hairstyle that it is a few years old.
    I'm like you Bobbie, there are very few pictures of me around. I knew about the pic of me with my grandson, but the other one I didn't know they had my camera. Didn't know about that one until I uploaded them into my computer. Now is someone wanted one of my baby pics then I could oblige.

Burt's Bees has peppermint in it. It makes my lips burn for a few minutes but then goes away.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

I have enjoyed coming back to this thread again and again to see all of your beautiful faces, I keep thinking we could have fun together so many open and friendly faces. The best part is how many of us are sans makeup and just here I am Thank you for starting this Boston 1954
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Blog Entries

Smile

Oh my gosh Cherrio, you look like you are hanging-upside down! cute though.
    found one of me with white hair, much more recent than the others I posted.

Blog Entries
    This was taken a couple years ago while in Northern Michigan taking a sleigh ride.

Blog Entries
    sorry...posted wrong picture!!

I'm surprised no one wants to join us in the saloon! lol. http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...t261437-7.html

That picture was so much fun, and we look so young. NOTHING like real life, LOL!
    :-)
    CAS

What a great picture! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Crqltr View Post
    sorry...posted wrong picture!!
    CAS

Here I am with my first grandchild.Name:  Grandma and Hunter.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  1.51 MB

Christmas 2014

Well, this is me with my hubby and my son and daughter I don't have any recent pictures with just me on it.... Anyway, so you can see the "crazy family"!!!!
    Elfi
    Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds....you can grow flowers or you can grow weeds!!!

The things you do for yourself are gone when you’re gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy. ~ Kalu Kalu

Great picture! You all look so happy, love them smiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfi2 View Post
    Well, this is me with my hubby and my son and daughter I don't have any recent pictures with just me on it.... Anyway, so you can see the "crazy family"!!!!
    CAS

I Want to See YOUR Face

Here is the hubby and I Christmas 2013. I am no longer a redhead but a blond.

This was taken in January of 2015. I have lost my hair due to cancer therefore the reason for the hat.
    Carol

Quote Originally Posted by rufree4t View Post
    This was taken in January of 2015. I have lost my hair due to cancer therefore the reason for the hat.
    t

Carol, you look like a fighter.....give that cancer heck. Love the hat! What's a little hair, anyway? It'll grow back.

Big Hugs!
    Do not worry about the past, for it is history,
    Do not worry about the future, for it is a mystery,
    Only live for today, for it is a gift, that is why it is called "the present."

Carol, did you crochet your hat? It looks like a beautiful crocheted blanket behind you too.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast