Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
i will be the one on the motorized scooter >

i will be the one on the motorized scooter

i will be the one on the motorized scooter

Old 03-04-2011, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by BETTY62
Hope you have fun. Enjoy.
Have fun and take pictures too!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:10 PM

What a fun day oh my gosh I had never been to a sewing expo before and I have to recommend everyone go at least once!!! We got there just as it opened and that was the best part once we walked down the first aisle there SHE was I was not expecting to see her but she was there ELEANOR BURNS!! There was noone in line and she talked to me. She asked if my daughter was my sister made me feel so good!!! I was trying to talk to her but my words were falling all over me. I got my picture and my kids got a kick out of me getting so excited about my the one person I have wanted to meet. Eleanor got me into quilting seriously 2 years ago when I got her quick trip quilts and I have not stopped!! We also met Suede from Project runway and my girls were gaga over him. If you have not heard of Suede he won season 5 and was so down to earth he spent about 15 minutes with my girls encouraging them to sew and my youngest girls was smitten by him. But when you get called gorgeous and adorable well you know. Oh and I also met Ricky Tim but I didn't get a photo I was too in awe of Eleanor Burns I was floating. I was a little surprised at the price of the fabric average was 10.95 a yard the only yardage bought was my oldest daughter. I was in shock at what she bought. Half naked men firefighters and cowboys she would not let it out of her sight and it cracked me up she is now going to make pillow cases for her and her friends :) I did buy a new iron because both of mine crapped out and I bought an oliso smart iron since it would be the same cost of the Rowenta to replace it has a warrenty and I am happy. So with that said I will float on back to dreamland :)
Old 03-04-2011, 11:15 PM

I'll be there. Can't wait.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:16 PM

Go early there was not a lot there at 8:30am and gave me time to meet with the people I wanted to meet!!

Originally Posted by mmonohon
I'll be there. Can't wait.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:36 PM

I'm not going to the Expo, but am waiting for the quilt show in the fall. I did see on tonight's news that Kaye Wood is there. One of our local news reporters was there and interviewed her briefly. He asked, and she said, she "strips" and then he saw a triangle, and she said it was topless. So he called her a topless triangle stripper! :lol:
Old 03-05-2011, 06:45 AM

That sounds like you had a marvelous time. How wonderful to meet and talk with Eleanor Burns who does seem so approachable.