If you could choose -

Old 05-14-2018, 03:58 AM

What really got me was when toilet paper rolls shrunk in width (not all brands but some) and Kleenex boxes stayed the same but the length of the tissues shrunk. Can't even have a good blow anymore on one Kleenex - really??!
Old 05-14-2018, 04:31 AM

Another one of their tricks is to change the wording to something like "new & improved" to make us think they've improved the product or something similar when all they've done is increase the price and downsize the quantity. It really makes me angry that they think we're that stupid we won't notice.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Karamarie View Post
What really got me was when toilet paper rolls shrunk in width (not all brands but some) and Kleenex boxes stayed the same but the length of the tissues shrunk. Can't even have a good blow anymore on one Kleenex - really??!
If they keep downsizing the toilet paper rolls before long there won't be but a few sheets on the roll. What is now the mega size used to be standard size.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:37 AM

And the diameter of the cardboard tube inside the tp got bigger.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:28 AM
mac

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
amen, sister!

around here, package gets smaller and the price goes up.
Yep, that seems to be the way things are going. I agree that the change in size is really messing with recipes coming out right. I would rather that the size stays the same and the price goes up. However, the scoundrels are doing both. Remember when rice prices shot way up because of the cost of gas? Well, the price of gas came way down, and the rice prices didn't really go down much.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:31 AM
mac

Originally Posted by IceLeopard View Post
And the diameter of the cardboard tube inside the tp got bigger.
And the width of the toilet paper roll got smaller, too. The tp used to cover all but a 1/4" of my spring roller holder. Now I have an 1" of space.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Feather3 View Post
I'd prefer the package size remain the same & the price stays the same . However we know that won't happen. So if I had to chose one it'd be the package size remain the same, as older recipes we based on the older size.
I agree with this. I have my grandmother's fudge recipe and the packaging has changed for almost every ingredient. I have tried my best to make the adjustments but it never seems to turn out as good. Of course that could be because Grandma isn't making it.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:17 AM

I absolutely hate opening pretty much any package and seeing it only half full. Very maddening. And I noticed my ice cream looks full, but they've put the bottom up higher so it still looks full. I would prefer raising the price and keeping the amounts the same so they fill the packages.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:19 PM

I think the companies would save some money if they made the packages smaller. Or consolidate products. Why put six weeks of Prilosec into bubble packs that are near impossible to open, then put each packet into a sealed box, then put 3 sealed boxes into yet a 4th box. I know for a fact that 42 pills will fit in a plastic pill bottle that is less than 2 inches tall.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:14 PM

We are,indeed, being ripped off on everything. I refer to this as "The China Syndrome." Most of us expect to pay less because of stores like WalMart which seems to get so much from China.