Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
If you could go anywhere where would you go >

If you could go anywhere where would you go

If you could go anywhere where would you go

Old 02-15-2011, 02:56 PM

As much as a nice warm beach sounds right now.... I'd pick Peggys Cove Nova Scotia. That way I could spend a weekend with my favorite cousin. We were like sisters growing up, and we reconnected a couple of yrs ago when she was learning to quilt, and had some questions. We've gotten together a couple of times last year, and laughed until we were gasping for breath! I cherish time spent with her.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:20 PM

Thank you for comments: My husband and I have had the opportunity to take tour group type of trips across the USA and feel all Americans should travel through this great country of ours. One trip to western California were with a large group from various parts of England and it was wonderful to see my country through the eyes of a tourist.
Originally Posted by aussiequilter
Back to the US of A - from top to bottom, then side to side. It's fantastic there. And so diverse, snow or no snow. Then if not out of cash by then, Lands End to John O'Groats.
No question, you guys have got it all.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:17 PM

San Diego
We were all set to go, to see our Navy son, and the Navy decided to send the ship out fr a couple of weeks. Oh, he's theirs now. Can't go now, he started a 6 month deployment a few weeks ago, and then the whole shebang is moving uo to Washington
Old 02-18-2011, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by RugosaB
San Diego
We were all set to go, to see our Navy son, and the Navy decided to send the ship out fr a couple of weeks. Oh, he's theirs now. Can't go now, he started a 6 month deployment a few weeks ago, and then the whole shebang is moving uo to Washington
Washington is beautiful. You just might fall in love with it here and decide to stay :wink: A visit here would be well worth the trip. :thumbup:
Old 02-21-2011, 11:49 PM

South Africa, return to England, and Scotland, race the Iditarod and fly up to heaven to see my parents, realtives, friends and pets, and return back here until it is my time.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by mypatookis
Washington is beautiful. You just might fall in love with it here and decide to stay :wink: A visit here would be well worth the trip. :thumbup:
Already have plans, though of course not the date.

We were in Portland a few years ago, that's just a lovely part of the country. I'm a midwest gal at heart, can't see myself ever moving, but I like to visit otyher states
Old 02-22-2011, 08:01 AM

I have no idea, try not to think about the impossible lol. no vacations scheduled for me in the forseeable future.lol
Old 02-22-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I would go back to my birthplace in West Virginia. Walk around the mountains where I did as a child, all by myself. I'd take pictures of the house where I was born, search under some of the huge rocks in the mountains where I hid treasures as a child. I'd dig under certain huge rocks for some of my uncles' jars of liquid lightening, and then meet again the cousins I haven't seen for a half century. We email each other but I don't remember those old folks whose pictures I see now and then in letters. They probably don't remember me now except we all have the family features and half the town is kin to either Mom or Dad.

This made me smile, the little thing like this are the best.......
Old 02-22-2011, 10:14 AM

I agree Washington is beautiful, and would go back anyday. We have friends that live in Maryland :lol: We have travelled the East Coast on Amtrak and the service was good, would do it again. We now have another call and that is back to Calgary to see our eldest daughter and grandson George. Planning that for 2014, so that we can afford a decent seat on a plane. Scarborough for a long weekend this year is all for us this year :roll:
Old 02-24-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I would go back to my birthplace in West Virginia. Walk around the mountains where I did as a child, all by myself. I'd take pictures of the house where I was born, search under some of the huge rocks in the mountains where I hid treasures as a child. I'd dig under certain huge rocks for some of my uncles' jars of liquid lightening, and then meet again the cousins I haven't seen for a half century. We email each other but I don't remember those old folks whose pictures I see now and then in letters. They probably don't remember me now except we all have the family features and half the town is kin to either Mom or Dad.

This made me smile, the little thing like this are the best.......
My husband's mother was raised on a mountain in WV, duaghter of a coal miner. They lived in a town that had the same name as them, and there were so many of them she was given to the family across the holler when she was 3 because 'they didn't have any.' It didn't work out, they gave her back. Her brothers used to whistle up the mountain as a signal that the revenooers were coming, "Mama, time to sit on the boxes that hold the moonshine" She was so large that just by sitting there, she hid them.
During the time around the Hatfield and Mccoy fight, they moved up here north, and she was amazed that people wore shoes all year!

I love those old stories, they still embrass him. That town is just a few miles away from the bridge over the River Gorge. It looks like we might be attending the annual Bridge Day they have there every fall. They close off the highway, and people jump off a perfectly good bridge! Hopefully we can stop in the town

Stories like this need to be passed on to our children, they are part of why we are here.