Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
If you think you want a treadmill. >

If you think you want a treadmill.

If you think you want a treadmill.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:34 PM

You're all so funny! I must say, we do use our treadmill a lot. My husband uses it faithfully 5-7 days a week and I use it if I'm not going to the gym. It's convenient about 20 feet from a large screen TV or we read books while doing a walk program. We maintain a warranty and have it serviced every year or two. It's 7 years old but we'll get our money's worth!
Exercise makes us feel better. Then, we also walk our dogs every single day in any kind of weather up to 1-1/2 miles as they need their exercise too. We take them to different areas: variety in landscaped yards, parks, trails, and open terrain. After all the daily exercise, I can sit and quilt : )
All I need to do is quit snacking in the afternoon! I take in more calories than I burn in exercise.... Extra pounds are so hard to undo.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:11 PM

I have one and love it!! I don't know why i love it, hehe
Old 06-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Power Poster

I had one, son-in-law had one, his quit working, I gave him mine, he now has a bad knee and can't use it. It was finally taken to a resale shop. I gave an excercise bike to goodwill. If I buy something my Husband thinks I should keep it forever. I had both of them about 20 years, I usually take that stuff to our business, he is more willing to get rid of it so he has more room for inventory.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:52 PM

We just moved the dusty stationary cycle to a corner in the living room. It hasn't been touched in months in the spare room (or the gym that he just had to have a membership to). I've been promised that if he can watch TV, he will ride the bike more. I gave him 3 months. If the bike isn't rode more than 10 times, it is going to the Goodwill. We will see. . .. . thinking I'm gonna have an empty corner in the living room!