If you were a color...?

Old 02-15-2011, 07:51 PM

I guess you could say that I'm a soft natural color. Subdued and not glaring.

I had my "colors done" 30 or so years ago. I laughed at it then. But when my sister and I get together we realize that the colors we always grab first in our closets are the ones that we were told were best. The ones that makes us look sick we traded and then both were happy. She is a Winter who looks best in sharp, clear and jewel tones, I'm an Autumn and look best in natural colors. Such as pine and sand and pumpkin and tomato and such. I feel better in those colors too, and my house now makes me feel better. Creams and reddish browns and a touch of charcoal as accent.
I just looked again, no greens or purples. Even the paintings are colored for my own self!!

Think of fast food joints, lots of oranges and reds, hungry colors that make you eat a lot and get out fast.

In very expensive restaurants, the coloring will be more on the brown, gray and pure, sparkling white cloths accented with pretty flowers and perhaps blue goblets, but not a lot of greens except in real plants. Very restful and places you can stay for an hour or so and make plans for a million dollar take-over or dine with a beautiful wife who is not your own. Wait staff will be dressed quietly and be very discreet, not brightly clad with the name of the joint on their chests and/or backs of their shirts and ready to burst out with shrill yells of "Number 32 ready now at window 2" !!

In law offices or financial offices that handle millions of dollars each year, there will be dark gray or with brown and black leather chairs and a subdued brown leather or tweed designer chairs, with maybe a discreet stripe of almost red somewhere as accent. But never orange or purple or green or red.
Check out such places on TV and in movies, you'll see the difference color makes in each.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
If you could be a color, what would it be and why? I don't care for red and black, they remind me of fear. I think for an all round color for me would be a nice burnt orange for warmth and security, yellow for happiness and smiles.
Green.......the color of money :) :)