If you won the lottery

Old 04-23-2011, 06:13 PM

First and foremost, tithe (which would probably pay off the mortgage on the church since we are quite small). Then I would buy a nice size house in a nice community near where we live now. I would pay off my son's and his wife's college loans and mortgage and fund college funds for any grandkids. Donate to breast cancer fund in my mother's name. Donate to abused women and children. My husband would want all the latest tools, etc., and I would have the grandest sewing room in the State of Georgia, building it up as I shared my wealth in that area with my BF. It's a lot more fun when you can share. Investment counselor and housekeeper are also a must. Of course, I haven't thought about this much. LOL
Old 04-23-2011, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by greenini
First I'd have to buy a ticket :-) :lol:
LOL...yeah...me too! Fun to dream about it but since I don't buy the tickets I'm thinking my chances of winning are pretty low...LOL :D

But...IF I did buy one and won I would:

1. Set my younger brother up. He is mildly Developmentally Delayed and lived with my mom in Texas until we lost her in December. The past few months have be stressful for him and us trying to get his rent and bills paid, etc. So....he would be first.
2. Pay off ALL my bills!! Including the kids cars and the house.
3. Get my husband and myself new cars. My Yukon is a gas hog and has 130,000 miles and he has a great little Totyota Prius but it has 215,000 miles. We have been busy getting the kids working cars.
4. A small RV just big enough for DH and myself that will pull his little bass boat. OR WAIT....it might need to pull his "NEW" boat....LOL.
5. Then I might get myself that embroidery machine and HQ Sweet Sixteen sit down machine so I can do my own quilts from start to finish.
After that......I'd put the rest in some kind of investment so it would grow for the kids, an account for making regular contributions to charities and folks in need and a seperate account for us to live off of :D Work....NOPE....I'd trade that in for volunteering and spending time with DH.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Power Poster

I don't know.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:02 PM

First thing I will do is give money to my 3 kids and 6 grandbabies. Then give some money to our church and then go on a cruise with my husband.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:44 PM

Totally redo my home in Nebraska, IT NEEDS HELP!!!!! its 3000 sq ft so plenty of room for quilting, but it needs to be reconditioned front to back top to bottom. Pay off the home equity loan paying for this motel for my parents, redo the motel, find someone else to run it and take a quilting vacation to visit as many lqs there are here and abroad. New car would be nice, long arm machine, maybe open a quilting store and open when I want or by appointment only lol or just use all the fabric myself lol. I could go on but I think you get the general idea.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Power Poster

Our home and then I would use it to help others.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:14 AM

Isn't it wonderful to dream.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:24 AM

Pack my bags and move.Change my phone number.Go to a warm sunny location. :thumbup:
Old 04-24-2011, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Vicki W
DH and I have discussed and have decided if we are ever bless to win the 'big one" that we will get the DDs together his and mine and collect together. Each of us would get 1/5. That way they will not have to pay inheritance tax on so much and we would have plenty for our purposes.

I know I want to give some to the church and would likely look at another house without stairs to grow old in.
A lot of people don't realize this, if you are planning on a major split with family members, get it all set legally BEFORE collecting on the ticket. Less taxes that way.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:40 AM
Swap Hosts

First 10% to charity/church
Then, pay off mortgage and student loans
New cars for husband and son.
Think about a bigger home with more room for quilting!