I'm bored...

Old 05-23-2010, 02:04 PM

I very seldom say that. When my kids say it there's always extra work to do so they won't be bored! But after being sick this week and just not feeling like anything I don't quite know where to start....on anything. If I overdo it I bring on a coughing spell.....6 kids, menopause, over weight....you get the idea that coughing is not a good thing, oh and the dh will fuss at me then for overdoing it. So I'm trying to take it easy. I've watched "tv" online till I'm sick of it. I've cut some scraps up, made the last 4 blocks of one quilt. Now I need to clean my area up and either finish these scraps or take my blocks off the design wall and make sure they're all the same size and square. Everything just seems like a LOT of work right now though! I just am not in the mood to do anything. If I had a good book I would curl up and read but I read all my library books last week while I was sick and laying around.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ginnie6
I very seldom say that. When my kids say it there's always extra work to do so they won't be bored! But after being sick this week and just not feeling like anything I don't quite know where to start....on anything. If I overdo it I bring on a coughing spell.....6 kids, menopause, over weight....you get the idea that coughing is not a good thing, oh and the dh will fuss at me then for overdoing it. So I'm trying to take it easy. I've watched "tv" online till I'm sick of it. I've cut some scraps up, made the last 4 blocks of one quilt. Now I need to clean my area up and either finish these scraps or take my blocks off the design wall and make sure they're all the same size and square. Everything just seems like a LOT of work right now though! I just am not in the mood to do anything. If I had a good book I would curl up and read but I read all my library books last week while I was sick and laying around.
Sorry you aren't feeling your best right now - perhaps DH and his advice to rest is right, how about browsing through some quilt mags, or watching some online quilt shows, or planning your next quilt for when you get better?
Old 05-23-2010, 02:14 PM

I can relate to that!! Best solution for me, get outside and enjoy the weather and nature. If you have been sick, then don't overdo anything! Your body will tell you what you are ready for. And you know what? No matter how long you take to do it, it will be there waiting!
Old 05-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

Just relax and take it easy. If you don't feel like doing anything maybe it is your body saying it isn't ready yet . How is the weather where you are? can you sit outside and get some fresh air ?
Old 05-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Power Poster

(((HUGS))) I know what you mean... the list of should do's isn't appealing... tv gets old... even sitting to watch quilting online... It is a really bad time to be without a book, because that is what I want to do, I can sit, lay down, but reading a good book is always a good escape for me :D:D:D
Old 05-23-2010, 02:27 PM

well the kiddos and I are going to watch a movie and have popcorn. Sounds like the best idea I've heard all day. Dh went to run some errands and see a friend so he'll be gone awhile.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:36 PM

I hate being in a "funk". Your on the mend but you do know to take it easy. That is always the hardest part. Don't feel guilty about any work to be done. Health is more important.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:53 PM

I hope you are feeling better soon. I agree with the others, sit back relax, look through quilting mags and books you have and plan some of your next quilts.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:57 PM

Well shoot! If I was there, I could bring you a ton of books..nearly anything you might like reading and some of my "famous for feeling better" chicken soup! It's famous because I don't make very good chicken soup, so you feel better almost immediately just so you don't have to eat anymore of it!! :lol:

I'm sorry you're not feeling well...
Old 05-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Google Goddess

I hope you are feeling better now. You could search online for some cool quilting ideas and inspiration, watch quilting videos etc.

Craftybear