Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
i'm melting, i'm melting or should i say wilting >

i'm melting, i'm melting or should i say wilting

i'm melting, i'm melting or should i say wilting

Old 06-23-2010, 06:39 PM

About 6 Mountain time, we had what they call a micro-burst. It was nice outside, and all of a sudden the wind blew really hard - so hard my hanging geranium was doing donuts! It lasted about 10 minutes and stopped as quickly as it began.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:48 PM

Just a thought...I live in AZ but in the mountains (5200 ft alt) and it still hits 96 like today. A local gal makes neck scarves that are about 2" wide and 30" long that are tubular and filled in the center 1/3 section with the pellets you use in potting soil to maintain moisture. When dry, it lays flat and folds easily into your drawer or purse. But when soaked in cold water for about 20 min. they absorb the water and can be worn around your neck like a kerchief. I have several to go with many wardrobe changes as I work and they look nice as well as keep me cooler. I've even found them to be a benefit with my hot flashes. If you are interest I'll be glad to check on the name of the product they use inside, and send you the pattern. Easy to make, comfortable to wear and really helps keep you comfortable on those hotter then hot days. Can also be worn as a head band while working outdoors in the hot sun and keeps the perspiration from dripping down your face.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Power Poster

I'm right there with ya' peachy....I think I'm actually shorter from the wilting. W. Tn is sweltering...I watered the garden yesterday for 7 hours....its a wonder I haven't burned up the well pump! :shock: The only other thing I can do is stay in and sew. I feed the animals at 6 a.m. and again after 6 or 7 p.m. Its just plain miserable and its only June!! :shock: :shock:
Old 06-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Debbie B
Hey Tru Peach, It's about the same here in Huber Heights, Oh. Our air conditioner broke 3 days ago. We just spent money on a new roof and getting a new central air unit is going to have to wait. So in the meantime I have all the ceiling fans at high speed and I'm chewing on ice! Hope it cools down soon.
I have the AC cranked down to 62 pack a bag and your quilting and come stay with me!!!!!!!! I think you are only a little over an hour away.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:21 PM

I love you Tru Peach! I'm on my way...hahaha!!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Hey Tru Peach, It's about the same here in Huber Heights, Oh. Our air conditioner broke 3 days ago. We just spent money on a new roof and getting a new central air unit is going to have to wait. So in the meantime I have all the ceiling fans at high speed and I'm chewing on ice! Hope it cools down soon.
I have the AC cranked down to 62 pack a bag and your quilting and come stay with me!!!!!!!! I think you are only a little over an hour away.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Banned

I love you Tru Peach! I'm on my way...hahaha!!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I will keep a lamp burning in the window for you to find your way.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:57 AM

Someone in the Ozarks said the other day - "it is so humid that you can WEAR the AIR"
Old 06-24-2010, 04:08 AM

Hi, I got in the car yesterday and the temp was 109 degrees. Took a while for my air conditioner to make things comfortable. Still 101 when I went out at 6:30 PM. I am in Louisville, Ky
Old 06-24-2010, 05:05 AM

I'm not even sure what the weather is suppose to be like today. Yesterday it was 90 and very very humid! I can stand the heat but the humidity sucks the life right out of me. I have to go to my daughters every day, but luckily we both have air!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:27 AM

We're supposed to get to 101 today with a higher heat index. You're right, if it's this hot in June, what will August be like? Yikes!!!