Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm not depressed but...

Blog Entries
    We are living in a world of problems, but they fade when I'm on the site with all you quilters. Best place to be.

Blog Entries
    We are living in a world of problems, but they fade when I'm on the site with all you quilters. Best place to be.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dream56
    Where else can up get all the news, the latest weather reports, comics, tutorials, photobooks, patterns, hints
    and friends for free.
    I fully agree!

My avatat is my fur-baby. He's half lab, half beagle. He's a LaBeagle. Bowser.

I'm right in there with agreeing with you. We all need warm and fuzzies now more than ever. I make donation quilts for children around the world to remind me that they are our future and need comforting, too.

PS My furbaby is an Australian Shephard - your Shepard is gorgeous.

I don't listen to the news anymore, too depressing~

The Board IS my idea of news. It's about the only news I care much about. So, thanks for creating such a loving safe place to be.

Amen!!

Looking in at this board is one of the first things I do each day. I have enjoyed meeting so many people hear and laughing and crying with everyone. I am so glad I found this place.

Yes, I come here too to recharge my battery. So many sad things going on. Even tho' I didn't know the little girl in Tucson or the other people I sure cried. When 9/11 happened my boss had to send us all home, we just couldn't function and work. During the Vietnam War I stopped watching the news, so upsetting, just like Iraq. When I'm in my sewing room buried in projects the world is beautiful. I keep praying.

When there is so much going on in the world, it is nice to have a place to recharge and put our minds at peace. But we can't escape the world or hide. I read my bible and pray for those who are in trouble. I don't know if it helps them but I find I can go on, because no matter how bad thing get I know I can get thru it. I find beauty and peace in the natural world and little thing aroung us,grand children,pets, flowers, gardens , snow covered mountains, etc.
    I watched the planes that morning going into the buildings, and When I thought we were at war on our soil, I started to think about what to do if we were hit in the oil refinery near me. I lived on Galveston Island and there is only one bridge off the island that goes right by those refineies.
    My survival kicked in, so no matter what happens we do find a way to survive and go on. Don't put you head in the sand too long,just long enough to recharge and then full speed ahead, we are Americans and "can do" is in our genes.My folks came here 300 years ago and I don't think they would want us to stick our heads in the sand and let evil take over.That is not an option for Americans.

This place always puts a smile on my face:)

I agree!

ya this is a mostly happy upbeat place to hang out. nice dog pic

Thanks libbyboi. Your family came here 300 years ago. My family line was already here, Native Americans, the Indians. I'm glad they learned to work together to build this country. This country, like the quilts, is made of different colors and I hope the basic concept of freedom will keep the nation great. Stay positive.

Shooting and bad news everyday here, this is a lovely escape to read and share in this group. I say ever so much thank you to all the chats and sharing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsie
    Shooting and bad news everyday here, this is a lovely escape to read and share in this group. I say ever so much thank you to all the chats and sharing again.
    Dotsie ,I guess we Americans sometimes don't realize what we have. The one thing that is universal for us tho. is to put out our hand and help and comfort. Even when that hand gets bittten at times,we still go on. We love to enjoy other folks, and learn something from them. You don't have to agree with us all the times but thats ok. there are a lot of great people on this blog and hopefully we can say something to make you smile or learn something new at times. Right now I am poking fun by e-mail at my brother who lives in Atlanta,Ga and is snowed in with 5 inches of snow.LOL :lol: Now there is a place that doesnot get much snow and is total insane when they do get something near like the folks up in the midwest get every winter. Peace and happy quilting. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by melslove
    I agree!
    Lisa that cat is just ozzing love and comfort. such a sweet one.

I am sorry to say that this is one of my few "social" outlets. I'm very quiet and shy and I don't go out much except when I HAVE to go to work every day.

I don't always comment very much but I think just about every single post in every section.

Blog Entries
    Your avatar is a walking talking warm fuzzy! Beautiful! This board is fast becoming my 'happy fix' for the day too!

When my 10 y/o granddaughter was here for Christmas, we were watching TV when the ad for the ASPCA came on (with the hurt and unwanted animals). She turned her head and said "that (ad) hurts too much". I agree totally with her. Thank you all who are here on this board for renewing my faith in the goodness and caring of others. That we unashamedly express our love of God, County and Family (including the furry ones)

How do I add the fancy signature to my posts

I agree, this place is a pick me up after a tough day at work. My husband enjoys me reading the posts to him. He will see me chuckeling over something and want me to share. We get a charge out of the funny stash stories. He has really embraced my passion and has helped me build my sewing area. He will even turn my TV on so I have a show to watch while I sew. It is a great learning forum and even though many of us have never met we are all friends of the heart from sharing our passions, stories and our love and concern for one another. Thank you to each and every one of you for letting me into your lives and that we have this wonderful outlet.

I'm reading with Squirt (my Jack Russell/Bichon mix) in my lap watching the screen. If I come into the room with my computer, she jumps in my lap. She really likes for me to play card games and win so she can see the cards jump around.

I am usually not able to get on here until later in the evening. I love looking at the pictures and reading everything. It is midnight most nights when I finally get done and make it to bed. 6:30 a.m. is hard some mornings!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast