Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The Importance of Measuring! >

The Importance of Measuring!

The Importance of Measuring!

Old 08-21-2020, 04:31 AM

As I say, I can cut down but I can't cut up!
Old 08-23-2020, 06:40 AM

This is my measure 5 times, cut once project this month. Driving me crazy Vinyl cover over aluminum frames. Two different saws and I.m still getting bad cuts. These are basted into place. I still need to learn how to properly drill screw holes into bricks. Shortening it won't be a problem.
Attached Thumbnails iris-two-porch-rails-basted-c.jpg  
Old 08-24-2020, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Diana View Post
Some folks are belt and suspenders people. Measure twice, cut once.
reminds me of my father in law....he put a fence two feet inside his property line, so he would not have any furture contentious issues with a psychotic neighbor.
well, the woman neighbor came on what is now our land and marked all the trees that belong to us as though they are hers, she told another neighbor who is our caretaker, that the fence was the property line.
I see trouble brewing because my father in law measured the fence line, placed the fence inside the line for good measure. Ha!
Similar situation with us. When we built a garage at our cabin, the land had to be surveyed. Survey markers were prominent neon orange pipes. We went up a few weeks later to find the neighbors new fence 2 feet inside our property line. In our township, by ordinance your fence must be one foot inside your property. Imagine their surprise when the township gave them 14 days to move it the required 3 feet!