ios7

Old 09-20-2013, 05:34 PM

My links are working fine and I thought mine was faster!
Old 09-21-2013, 04:00 AM

it works. You have to have at least 50% memory remaining before it will start. I suggest you charge to 100% and then try it again.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Sue Fish View Post
i dont get any ad on mine...must be a way to block it..I assume mine must be blocked since I do not get it
I don't get ads on mine either. So nice....
Old 09-21-2013, 09:02 AM

A friend of mine said to stay away from the update for now. It's quite buggy. If you haven't upgraded, maybe wait a bit. 7.0.1 will come out before "too long" to address the bugs.

Ad Block Plus makes a browser app ( instead of Safari) that removes all of the advertising. I've done limited testing on it so far, but I like it better on my iPhone. Worth a try. It's in the App store.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:34 AM

My ads on this site are now gone....YAY!!! However it is working slower on my iPad . I have even atthe hospital with my husband the last three days so it could be the wifi here. I'm also not happy that every time close a link on the internet it brings up all my bookmarks!!! I have to close it out every time to get to a different app. Lastly, my Words With Friends will only show in portrait mode, so I can't see my other games and game board at the same time. Plus my cover won't stand at an angle in portrait. Hope they work on some fixes real soon.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:09 AM

I just upgraded yesterday, unaware of the problems. So far, mine is slower and one of my apps won't work correctly...
Old 09-22-2013, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

Hoping they will come out with a fix. Many links on QB won't work for me and sometimes the QB pages stick. I also only have half a screen on my Missouri Star Quilt App. I don't like the changes to Words with Friends either, sigh.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:17 PM

DH is a computer guru and he told me not to update until it has been out for a while and they get all the bugs out of it. New operating systems always have bugs that they don't discover till they start getting complaints.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by nstitches4u View Post
DH is a computer guru and he told me not to update until it has been out for a while and they get all the bugs out of it. New operating systems always have bugs that they don't discover till they start getting complaints.
Please ask your husband how we contact the creators of th s system. I've looked everywhere on my iPad in settings, apps etc but can't find a way to write a review.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I HATE that. It's so dang distracting and annoying. It's one of the main reasons I decided against buying an iPad and went instead with a low-end laptop, which was half the price of an iPad anyway. At least I can load AdBlock Plus for my browser on a laptop. My husband can keep his iPad.
I had the pop-up problem at first and it was really annoying when I was trying to watch videos. Also got lots of pop-ups when I was watching Bonnie Hunter's Quilt Cam live. I missed a lot of Quilt Cam because these 60 second video ads kept interrupting. I contacted Bonnie and she said people using Internet Explorer were having that problem but the ones using Google Chrome were not. So I downloaded GC and no more pop-ups or video ads. Evidently the ads are in Internet Explorer. Bill Gates needs the money. lol Also my Craftsy class videos kept stopping and starting. Their suggestion was Google Chrome. No more problems. I GC on my lap op and my iPad. I'm still not going to update to IOS7 until they get the bugs out!