iPad question

Old 02-10-2015, 04:57 AM

Default iPad question

Reading the board on iPad.....going to suggested sites....suddenly safari tells me no internet connection and turn off airplane mode....so I go to settings and turn it off....I never turned it on! Then I see my internet connection name being set and I'm back on track.......what/why did it do this....has done this probably 3/4 times on last three yrs......anyone out here know answer,,,,curiouser and curiouser, as Alice would say.......
Old 02-10-2015, 05:23 AM

Never used the airplane mode--never had this happen--had mine about the same length of time. You might as at the Apple site..I have the site saved 'somewhere' --(too many laptops to turn on right now). But start with a question to
http://forums.techguy.org/ I call this my computer bible. They might be able to answer for you. Otherwise, Apple has a site that you can search all kinds of info re the iPad.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:35 AM

I have had this happen a couple of times too, don't have a clue why. I just did what you did, reset for wifi and carried on.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:40 AM

Sometimes when my iPad acts screwy I turn it off for a few minutes then back on. That usually helps.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:53 AM
Power Poster

Do you have your wifi connection locked so no one else can use it? You may be getting interferance or your wifi may have had an interruption in it. It sometimes happens to mine and I do have mine locked. I do need to get a new wifi hub thingy for mine though. Like my technical term? if it gets worse, you made need to reset your ipad by turning it completely off and letting it restart.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:47 AM

Do you have grandkids? Sometimes after my grands have been over, my ipad goes haywire!!
Old 02-10-2015, 07:51 AM

When I shut my Moto G off, there is a choice for "Airplane mode" or "shutting down". I have to be careful what I touch if I want to completely turn it off.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:26 AM

I don't have an Ipad, but on my laptop when I want to turn off the sound, the button is next to the airplane mode button and if I do not pay attention or am surfing in the dark, I push the wrong button (or touch both in the middle) and on goes the airplane mode. You might check to see where the button is on the ipad. You might be pushing it without knowing it.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:31 PM

You know the screen thing that comes up when you swipe from the bottom, it's gray and only a small part of the screen? Could you be hitting airplane mode in that and not realizing it? You can do all sorts of things from that screen and I have hit things I did not mean to before.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:24 AM

Lately I've had some iPad difficulty and have shut it down completely, let it rest, then turned it back on. This has been going on for about a week and 2 to 3 times a day. One thing that does help is closing down anything else that's open. Like the threads I look at on this board, then go to another thread. I hope you find your problem quickly. Technology is great when it works correctly.