Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: From isewman-Newest macrame hangers I made & afghan started for grson in Sept

Blog Entries

Smile From isewman-Newest macrame hangers I made & afghan started for grson in Sept

Here is 2 new macrame plant hangers I made for my sewing room. I use to make macrame hanger, before my quilting epedimic kicked in. Also, is a afghan I've started for my new grdson due in Sept, by my military son, and his wife. They have a 4 year old daughter. I've asked if they have a name yet for the boy, he said NO. I said how about Aaron, and I think he would of shot me. Here are the picture of the hangersName:  Picture 179.jpg
Views: 1210
Size:  182.9 KB and the afghan-Name:  Picture 175.jpg
Views: 1199
Size:  165.9 KBName:  Picture 177.jpg
Views: 1204
Size:  169.5 KBName:  Picture 176.jpg
Views: 1198
Size:  146.8 KB

NICE! i macrame too!

Beautiful. I have a macrame hanger similar someone made for me many years ago.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I use to macrame years ago and really enjoyed it. Is it coming back? Can you still buy the supplies? And do they have different colors of macrame now? Any online sites?
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

That is going to be a beautiful afhan! It will be loved! Nice macrame, too!

Blog Entries
    Those are all nice. Very talented you are sir.

I love your hangers but especially love the windows they are hanging in front of. Gives you plenty of light and air. I also used to macrame many many years ago (didn't we all) and I loved it, I made a hanging table with a round glass table top. Ummm wonder if I still have that ummmmmmmmmm.
    Great job and the afghan will be beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Pat
    Patsy

Blog Entries
    You are a true Renaissance man! The afghan is going to be just right, but maybe you should let them name their own baby, yes? The macrame hangers look good in the windows. Those plants will grow well in that spot.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    WOW !! that is awesome ! Thanks for sharing !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

you did a great job. your room looks really neat.

Love the crochet square. I still crochet and my mother use to do the macrame. Would love to learn.

I love to Macrame!! Only second to quilting.. Did a lot of it,gave it away as gifts.. sold some.. Made one huge plant hanger. Still have a hanging table in a bin packed away and a Merry-go-round with horses. a few other things.. can't find out where to buy the cord here in SE Ga. your hangers are so nice!! I don't crochet but that square sure looks good to me.. Bonnie
    To Be a Mother is Breathtakingly Mindboggleing,To be a Grandmother is Spectacular,to be a Greatgrandmother is FUN,FUN,FUN all the work is DONE,DONE,DONE.

BillsBonBon

Very nice! Haven't ever learned to knit or crochet but did some macrame when I was in high school. My daughter let me name her first child. His name is Ethan, he is 14 now and a real blessing. It was an honor to be able to do this. Thanks for showing your work and blessings on your family.

I didn't think anyone macrame'd anymore!!!! I love macrame! I still have all my books....
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    I used to have a house full of plants but got rid of them as it became so much work. I did love the macrame hangers tho and tried a few myself. You did great on yours. The afghan should be wonderful. I love them in the winter to keep warm. I used to knit and crochet a lot but now mostly do quilting--the hands have a harder time with the needles and yarn now that I'm older.
    She who dies with the most fabric didn't sew fast enough!

Wow, they're very pretty! I'm a plant freak!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Very nice work. Thanks for sharing.

Your macrame hangers are beautiful and you bring back memories as I can remember doing those some 20/30years ago. I even made the beads at the local ceramic shop. Good job.

I love them!! I used to make macrame many, many years ago and forgot how to do them. I love your sewing room with all those wonderful windows. What a great work area. That afghan looks soooo soft and cuddly for your new little grandson due in Sept. Great job on all of it.
    Diane
    If you want to make God laugh, just tell him your plans......

Great job on all of your projects. Neat sewing room. I used to do macrame too but I guess quilting has replaced all of my other hobbies.