Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It's Daylight Saving time

Blog Entries

It's Daylight Saving time

don't forget to turn your clock ahead.
    we're saving times, therefore we are not a savings account so it's
    Daylight saving time.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Just as I got used to the last time change. I am not looking forward to a messed up sleep cycle.

My plants love it though. An extra hour under their plant lights. In our house the living room is in the back, so my plants only get the afternoon sun. So my husband installed a plant light to make up the hours with no sun.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Blog Entries
    Oh gosh, tonight. right. Thanks much.

Blog Entries
    My computer automatically sets the new time. I am glad for that, because I would forget to set everything correctly. Now I just need to set ahead all clocks.

We always say, "spring forward, and fall back."

Blog Entries
    Yeah, and you never think about how many clocks you have until they all have to be changed at the same time! Between house, cars, and wristwatchs, changed 19 before going to bed last night.

I HATE, HATE, HATE DST. It's like cutting a strip off a blanket and sewing it to the other end and trying to convince folks that it's longer now! Takes a long time for me to adjust.

Blog Entries
    whoopee.........Why does this nonsense continue? It takes me weeks to shift. Sigh!
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.com

'Daylight Savings Time.' It's like cutting the bottom off a blanket and sewing it to the top.

Love that last statement. Yep, some people are convinced its more daylight time! government regulations say we go on dst, so we go. what happened to people telling the government what to do, now the government is telling us what to do. sigh. my capital letter shift is not working; guess the time change got to it. LOL!

I missed my extra hour of sleep this morning. It will take me a few days to adapt.
    Lori

I am so sleepy this morning I am about to go to sleep over my computer.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    And I actually overslept anyway byanother hour. Normally, even on Sunday get up around 6 and have overslept til 7 so this morning when I awoke the phone time said 8. Oh well, I give up and just go according to the time on my phone. I set the rest of the clocks according to our phones. That hour though makes me feel as though I've wasted time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
    I missed my extra hour of sleep this morning. It will take me a few days to adapt.

Well, my car clock is correct now. I don't change it, so it reads the correct time for half of the year and I compensate for the rest.

We are hoping the State of New Mexico wakes up and gets rid of Day Light Saving Time. It passed the House and now lingers in the Senate.

I really dislike DST. I get up before 6 a.m. for work, so I go to bed between 9 and 9:30 p.m. Now it will still be light when I go to bed, and even with the darkening drapes, my bedroom is still too light. On the 4th of July, we set off our fireworks while it's still light out, the town fireworks can't start until close to 10:30 p.m. My sister, who works third shift, likes it, she's the only person I know who does. Remember when we were kids and it was time to go home when the street lights came on. If parents tried that now, it would be 10p.m. or later. Crazy!!

NOW my VCR is set correctly !!!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    It's so the gov't people will have more daylight to play golf. That is what we used to hear.

I used to work for the government and very few of us in my agency played golf. We worked very hard with inferior equipment and supplies because it would have cost people's "tax dollars" to equip us properly. we were told many times to "work smarter, not harder". Good luck with that. I like DST because since I don't see that well at night I have more opportunities to be out and about.
    Alyce

It takes me about 21 days to adjust to the change. I hate it!

Quote Originally Posted by donnajean View Post
    Well, my car clock is correct now. I don't change it, so it reads the correct time for half of the year and I compensate for the rest.

LOL, thanks for the reminder. I have to change the clocks in both trucks. I spent about a half an hour resetting all the clocks and timers.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Well, I was 10hrs. late! I didn't realize it until I turned on the TV. for the night news. Oh, well I see it tomarrow!! tinker

Blog Entries
    When my Mom was still living in NM, she had two sets of clocks. One for Daylight Saving Time and the other for what she called "the right time"

I wish they would stop changing our clocks. Just pick one time and stick with it. We get up at 4:15AM and it is three hours later and still pitch black outside. We go to bed early and still light out. I don't see where we are saving daylight or electric.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by lclang View Post
    I HATE, HATE, HATE DST. It's like cutting a strip off a blanket and sewing it to the other end and trying to convince folks that it's longer now! Takes a long time for me to adjust.
    Love your quote!! hate the change too as it takes me a month to remember all the clocks & how to set5 them.

Hate DST, serves no purpose and makes everything confusing.
    BettyGee, quilter on a Rocky Mountain High

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast