it's Snowing!

Old 12-05-2011, 07:45 PM

Default it's Snowing!

It's snowing in El Paso. Had the Red Hats here tonight and sent everyone home early before the streets got slick. May get 2 inches! Winter is really here.

Ruby the Quilter
Old 12-05-2011, 08:51 PM

So glad that you had snow, but 2 inches sounds like a lot to me. I'm not ready for winter snow here, none of the decorations are up inside or outside. I was busy doing other stuff in the pretty weather at Thanksgiving. But the weatherman just said there were some light flurries in Harris County this evening! This year we have had continuous days of no rain, 108+ temps. and now snow..... I do wonder what is next! I guess we better get the sprinkler system ready for winter tomorrow or we will get to see the repair guy again next spring!
Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 PM

Just a flurry of snow here in Southeastern Idaho. But burr it is so cold, so the sewing begins.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:56 PM

Wish we got snow here, but it not meant to be. Have fun with it.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:11 AM

El Pasoans don't know how to drive in the snow. I've been there ;-) Be careful.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:16 AM

Hi Ruby, I am also in El Paso. I was so happy to see the snow because I had the perfect excuse to "hole up" in my quilt room and just stay close to the steam iron and sew without guilt! I originally went in there to organize everything since my last quilt (for now) went home yesterday....but...I got an idea and you know where I am going with this. I noticed a box of scraps of Christmas fabric from years past, I have looked at that fabric every year thinking I need to use it. Then I remembered the gray sweatshirt DH bought me last year that was two sizes too big....and off I went...I was making a Christmas Cardigan out of that stuff. Now my sewing room is worse than it ever was, but who cares? DH is overseas, my two puppies know to keep their mouths shut and it can all get done later....
Michelle
Old 12-06-2011, 08:31 AM

2" is what we refer to as a "light dusting" here in E. Central Illinois but having lived in the South for a year a long time ago I have some advice: STAY OFF THE ROADS!!!! It's dangerous out there when people aren't used to driving in it. ;-) Good time to sew.

BTW, we haven't even had a "cat tracker" snow yet. :-( It would be nice to have some before Christmas.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:38 AM

We rarely get snow here in the California desert, but boy is it cold. It hit a record low (for these two nights) the last two nights of 17 and 16 degrees. And the high will be about 52.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:12 PM

The Chicago area has not yet had measurable snow this year. I am jealous of your snow. How about a pic?
Old 12-07-2011, 07:40 PM

We had 18 inches Sunday and Monday, the week of Thanksgiving. Wednesday and Thursday it was raining and everything turned into slush and goo......I live a few minutes from Schweitzer Mountain Ski Resort and the season opened early the 1st time in years!!!!