Its snowing

Old 12-07-2013, 03:51 AM

It was 75 in Atlanta on Friday. Highest temperature EVER in Atlanta in December. Wishing I had some snow!
Old 12-07-2013, 04:13 AM

We got our six inches of snow. It is frozen wet ice snow and it is slippery and hard to drive - this is not what I was looking for when the beautiful big flakes of snow came down. So now all we have to do is wait for a nice January thaw and start all over again. The streets are like washboards after the snow emergency. I'll think I'll stay in the house until I see the first robin - which is a ridiculous statement because our neighbor has a tree with berries or apples or something on it (big tree) and the robins stay and get themselves snockered on that tree eating those fermented whatevers. Fun to watch though. Dumb birds sit on a branch and just teeter there!!!!!!! But I know they are nice and warm on the inside!!!!!! Edie
Old 12-07-2013, 05:49 AM

I too love the snow , except when I am forced to go to work in it lol.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by IrishNY View Post
NC was sunny and 76 today. We must have gotten the only nice weather out there today!
Nope, Thursday and Friday was nice here; I'm not sure what Thursday was but Friday was 76. Today its a little rainy and 41; not too bad considering what the middle of the country got. My sister lives in WV and they are expecting a storm. You all can keep your snow. I hate being cold, and I work so I can't stay in away from it plus my house is cold. The older I get the less my body likes the cold as well.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:50 AM

We got the freezing rain first, could hear it hitting the windows, then 9 in. snow total! I have been in my sewing room since Thursday, and I am loving it!!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:28 AM

Raining here this morning in SoCal coming from the north which is usually colder rain. Snow predicted as low as 3000 feet in our mountains. The ski resorts owners are very happy.

I like the rain. Soup time.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:41 AM

We got about 5 inches yesterday. And it is bitter cold here on our side of the hill. We have to put the dogs in the shop and garage and let them out in shifts to go potty. It is too cold for them to sleep outside even in their heated dog houses. We tried putting a flap on the dog house door but one keeps tearing it off...lol

Besides any little opening for wind and cold to get in doesn't help their old bones. We put a couple of layers of old carpet down, a oil heater (the old radiator looking type) and they are safe from the wind and cold.

With the wind chill it is down around -25 outside for the next couple of nights.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:15 PM

So glad you have power! Enjoy your sewing.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:56 PM

How do you guys keep so warm. Yesterday we had a high of 2 degrees, and this morning it was 15 below. It's been below zero for most of the time since last Thursday. I don't really mind the cold, but I hate the wind. My house and my car keep me warm.

Tomorrow we are supposed to get colder and more snow. Right now it is minus 9.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:52 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

WE got snow again here in the High Plains Desert of Western CO. The one storm which was a heavy snow storm snapped one of our trees so Hubs cut it down. When the one tree fell it fell into the Blue Spruce and took off all the limbs on one side so now that tree has to come down .. Maybe we will leave the Teddy Bear trees ...