Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I've been gone a really long time >

I've been gone a really long time

I've been gone a really long time

Old 05-31-2011, 06:57 PM

Welcome back.
Thanks for coming in and sharing a bit of your absence with us. So often in this virtual world, people disappear with no explanation and those of us left behind are, well, left behind. It's good to have you back with us. You're among friends here.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:22 PM

Sure Cathy, I remember you and I love your new avatar with your little cute dog. Welcome back and so sorry for the troubles you've been through. *waves* and hugz
Old 05-31-2011, 07:30 PM

Welcome Back... I remember a time like you had in 2004.. I WILL never go back into that mess..

Kiss, Hug, Welcome Back,,, putting you in my prayers... :)
Old 06-01-2011, 01:20 AM

Welcome back.... and better days are ahead.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:31 AM

Welcome back sweetie =) <hugs>
Old 06-01-2011, 06:21 AM

The worst is behind you and it's all uphill from this point. Welcome back.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:26 AM

Good to have you back!! You were missed!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:54 PM

I dont remember you...so now you are a NEW friend :). Glad things are going better for you. HUGS
Old 06-02-2011, 04:59 PM

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about your woes. I'm glad things are turning around for you and your family.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:13 PM

Dear everybody,
Thank you so much for making me feel so welcome! I'd forgotten how you are really my friends. I valued that so much and was so sad my computer broke. Then I was so busy trying to downsize my whole life of household possessions to less than 50% (we still need storage for books, photos, framed things, holiday decorations) that I didn't have time anyway. Luckily, Patches has been such a great addition to our family. She makes sure I get loving, distractions, and outdoor time. As a little 9 lb dog, she doesn't care that we live in a small 1 bedroom apt. We have a great, private, walled patio, so I have her grass box "toilet" in the side corner. It's artificial grass so I clean the artificial grass &plastic bin(for under beds)with soapy water 2x/week. This dog-friendly place is beautifully landscaped with many trees and grassy areas, where she meets up with her many friends. Now, I want one. I sure wish all of us friends here could meet for coffee/tea!

As for me having friends I can actually meet with in-person, I'm doing my best to trying to find some (they aren't just going to magically show up on my doorstep!). I can't join things that cost money and can no longer be a volunteer as I can't be relied upon to show up or stay to do my task, due to my medical issues. But, I have gotten involved with activities that are free & attendance, though hoped for, is not required.
--I occasionally see another avid gardner where hubby and I have started a marvelous raised-bed garden. The community garden feels private as it's set far back, unseen from the street, all I hear is birds and a breeze blowing the trees. Surrounded by trees and flower gardens, there's even a butterfly garden. As I'm usually alone, I can read on the bench and pretend it's all mine!
--I see the ladies in my new library book club -monthly.
--I take Patches to meet the local Small Dog Group at a dogpark -monthly.
--I do have a meet-for-coffee friend, my age, from my (no cost) Arthritis Aquatic Exercise class; I hope she wants me as a continuing friend.
--But guess what's the best news ever.... I just got a PM from Jumu here telling me she lives just minutes from my swim center and inviting me to join her quilting group... I can't wait! Yeaaaay!
Cathy