japan earthquake

Old 03-11-2011, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by adyldrop
Originally Posted by tabsmonsters
We didn't get anything here on Okinawa. We are located south of mainland Japan. We were under a tsunami warning but haven't seen anything yet. Praying for all those affected on Mainland!
i wish i knew where exactly my family members live! this info could be really comforting if i knew they lived nearby! i have family in hawaii too....i hate not knowing how everyone is!! i hope and pray you stay safe!!
Do you know a general area? Hope they are all ok.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:06 AM

Thoughts and prayers!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:09 AM

sending well wishes...

READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU CHOOSE:

the Bible foretold disasters for our day, such as “great earthquakes.” (Luke 21:11)

AND YET...

Psalm 72:12 foretold: “He will deliver the poor one crying for help, also the afflicted one and whoever has no helper.”
Old 03-11-2011, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by adyldrop
Originally Posted by tabsmonsters
We didn't get anything here on Okinawa. We are located south of mainland Japan. We were under a tsunami warning but haven't seen anything yet. Praying for all those affected on Mainland!
i wish i knew where exactly my family members live! this info could be really comforting if i knew they lived nearby! i have family in hawaii too....i hate not knowing how everyone is!! i hope and pray you stay safe!!
I heard from a friend of mine on Oahu and she says everyone is being evacuated to higher ground. THey aren't letting anyone near the beach/water areas, so everyone should be good unless someone does something stupid.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:45 AM

i have no clue where :( my distant cousins are half japanese and somewhere there with their father, the elder cousin is married with a child. then his grandmother and aunt are still in hawaii, on the big island but my mom said she is on a high elevation overlooking pearl harbor..
Old 03-11-2011, 07:45 AM

i have no clue where :( my distant cousins are half japanese and somewhere there with their father, the elder cousin is married with a child. then his grandmother and aunt are still in hawaii, on the big island but my mom said she is on a high elevation overlooking pearl harbor..
Old 03-11-2011, 07:49 AM

When I lived in Hawaii I went to the Tsunami Museum to learn about them. I remember one eye-witness recorded statement. She was an older lady who was swept out to sea and floated on a wooden door. She was very dehydrated and nearly unconscious. When the helicopter came she told the rescuers she didn't know angels were so noisy! She recovered and then went on to help others.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Julianna
When I lived in Hawaii I went to the Tsunami Museum to learn about them. I remember one eye-witness recorded statement. She was an older lady who was swept out to sea and floated on a wooden door. She was very dehydrated and nearly unconscious. When the helicopter came she told the rescuers she didn't know angels were so noisy! She recovered and then went on to help others.
What a great opportunity you had!!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:56 AM

Prayers!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:57 AM

I watched that live video of Japan's tsunami last night on the 11 pm news, and it made me a feel a little sick to realize I was probably watching people die...and that even those who were able to get out, I was seeing their homes destroyed before they saw them. My heart aches for Japan. This is huge.