Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Jay Leno - comments about overweight/fat people >

Jay Leno - comments about overweight/fat people

Jay Leno - comments about overweight/fat people

Old 06-15-2011, 11:52 AM

YOU can fix a weight problem,-you can't FIX UGLY! I've never found him entertaining!
Old 06-15-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by quilt crazee
YOU can fix a weight problem,-you can't FIX UGLY! I've never found him entertaining!
Yes, you can fix a weight problem, and YES you can fix UGLY, but you can not fix STUPID or RUDE. I have no idea why you posted to this thread. I happen to enjoy Jay Leno; he pokes more fun at himself than he does to the general population.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:13 PM

Well, I am in the minority. I believe that Jay makes fun at overweight people because we need to realize that this country is in fact obese. Have you taken a look at some of these young kids? Then look at the parents. The fast food places are also at fault. It is so much easier to grab something to eat that have so much fat. The fast food restaurants are making burgers bigger and bigger, do you want to supersize that?. Some of the food is a heart attack waiting to happen. Maybe people will open their eyes to what they are eating.
I am not fat but I also don't consider myself thin.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

Aren't you glad we don't all like the same thing? I just don't think he is funny. I have better things to do with my time.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:32 PM

Oops - ignore blank post. :)
Old 06-15-2011, 12:44 PM

Remember the good old days when people like Red Skelton could make us laugh, never use a nasty word or degrade anyone? I stopped watching TV and spend my time on this board. Nice people here and you can feel the love, as well as learn lots of good stuff. Our moderators are great at keeping our subject matter on track. I love this site.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
Originally Posted by bearisgray
Jay Leno seems to make a lot of comments about overweight/fat people.

He makes it seem that all of us that have weight problems are gluttons and/or lazy :hunf:
Is this the skinny Jay Leno that we don't know about or the chubby one that's on TV all the time? :hunf:
LOL! ...or maybe it's the widdle baby Leno who whined until he got a brand new show, then cried again until he got the old show back because the ratings went through the floor? Wahhhhhhhhhhhh! What a spoiled brat.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by RobertaMarie
Remember the good old days when people like Red Skelton could make us laugh, never use a nasty word or degrade anyone? I stopped watching TV and spend my time on this board. Nice people here and you can feel the love, as well as learn lots of good stuff. Our moderators are great at keeping our subject matter on track. I love this site.
RobertaMarie, all I watch is baseball and quilty stuff :thumbup:
Old 06-15-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by RobertaMarie
I LOVED watching Red Skelton when I was a kid, he was so good ! Too bad we don't have any more like him. Same for Lucy, Carol Burnett etc ... They were truly comic geniuses, without being offensive.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:57 PM

gosh i thought it was just me that i didn't get what todays humor is. i don't even like south park its is just a bunch of foul mouthed kids. i don't feel so lost now.