Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: jigidi.com

Power Poster

jigidi.com

The reasons why I am posting that site as a resource:

1) One can choose from six different background colors for the pieces while assembling them. I am amazed at how a background change can emphasize or drab the colors of the pieces.
    Background colors - black or dark charcoal
    muted eggplant or dark mauve
    blue gray
    medium gray
    sagey green
    ivory
    white

2) That the color I "think" I am working with - isn't actually the color that it is.
    Example: I "think" I am putting together a picture of a white cat - and the actual color of the pieces might be tan or pink or gray.

3) That the overall effect from lots of little pieces can be very surprising and not at all what one might expect. I have assembled several puzzles where the individual pieces look like ink scribbles - and when put together, it was a cat or a wolf.

So - Color A can appear to change color or value - depending on what is surrounding it.
    The sum of the pieces can be unexpected and take on an image of its own.
    Last edited by bearisgray; 07-12-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Blog Entries
    I like the Jigidi puzzle site and create puzzles there but didn't know the background could be changed. I will have to try this. TFS
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Background colors do affect how we see other colors. That's the main reason I painted my sewing rooms a cream color and use off white flannel on my design wall. The more neutral the background the less is interferes with how I see the colors.
    Patrice S

Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    I like the Jigidi puzzle site and create puzzles there but didn't know the background could be changed. I will have to try this. TFS
    I also like the puzzles on this site, but I had no idea the background could be changed!

Power Poster
    After "saving progress" - the screen goes to the picture of the puzzle - at the bottom there are six squares of different colors - click on one of them to change the background - and then click on the "go back to solving" button

Blog Entries
    Bear, you did it again! I never realized those little squares did that and of course, I failed to read through all the info pages, silly me. TFS
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    I'm sooo glad you posted this! I had forgotten about jigidi and love to do a jigsaw every day! Thank you!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

I, too, have used jigidi a bit over a period of several years and never noticed we could change the background. We could literally upload quilt blocks and enjoy how they look against different backgrounds as we put the puzzles together. Thanks, Bearisgray. I've enjoyed visiting your various posts this evening!
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Blog Entries
    didn't know you could change the back ground, thanks Bear
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Thank you for posting - I am a puzzle fan.

When I found this, to this day I spend way to time on these.. I kinda find them relaxing & no brainers... only do the 60-120 size tho. Larger just have too many pieces...
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters ~
    ~ I'm a Blessed Mom to DS & DDIL, DD & DSIL ~
    ~ Mom to 3 cats, Callie, Buddy & Daisy ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~ ~ God Bless Our Troops ~