Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
JOKE:  Gun Owners vs. Drs vs Lawyers >

JOKE: Gun Owners vs. Drs vs Lawyers

JOKE: Gun Owners vs. Drs vs Lawyers

Old 09-03-2010, 04:28 AM

My father began teaching each of the six of us to shoot at age 5. We were taught the damage that a gun can do and to respect them. Dad never had a gun cabinet, they sat inside the closet except for the loaded one near the door and the pistols in his sock drawer. We never bothered them without permission to target practice. The only time anyone ever got hurt was when a neighbor kid was bragging that as a doctor's kid he could do anything a farmer's kid could do and we let him shoot dad's 10 gauge that had a really long barrel, a hair trigger, and a heavy load. It dislocated his shoulder because he gave it "room" to kick. My shooting instructions might have been just a bit misleading. He also took the whole top of mom's rose bush out.

Yes, I agree, doctor's are far more dangerous than guns. His dad was hopping mad and ready to beat on all of us. Luckily our dad was a bit more lenient and just told us that there was to be no one other than us shooting his guns. We were in highschool when that happened.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:55 PM

that is so funny Rapture. My dad had a shotgun in the closet, but none of us ever bothered with it. I guess we were told not too, but I don't remember that. Just knew it wasn,t to be messed with. Of course, there was a patched hole in the kitchen where my brother had shot a hole. The gun went off accidently. Maybe that was our lesson!!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:45 PM

My dad always had guns. He had his favorite rifle displayed on a wall and right above it was a great big leather strap. It was there to remind us what would happen if we messed with his guns without his permission. We were taught early on to respect guns and how to clean and shoot them. Today he has enough weapons to supply a couple of neighborhoods! My oldest brother is a gun smith. I go shooting with my dad from time to time and he is in his 70's. Thomas Jefferson once said "Those who beat their guns into plow shares, will plow for those who don't." I am going to forward this to my dad an brother. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:29 PM

We always had guns in the house, but we knew to respect what a gun could do. And that was why we were so shocked late one New years eve night when we heard this BOOM! and my youngest brother came running, yelling, "Warren shot the dishwasher!" There was water all over the floor (no blood)--he hit the water hose. Seems he had gone outside to fire a blank in honor of the New Year (an old rural tradition), and much to his surprise the gun went off again in the house, but it wasn't a blank! Lesson learned there!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:02 PM

warren is lucky that the dishwasher is the kind you plug in and not the kind that sits down to supper with you all.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:17 PM

Don't forget how many lives are SAVED or prolonged by doctors and where we'd all be without them.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by eeraemore
Don't forget how many lives are SAVED or prolonged by doctors and where we'd all be without them.
Thank you! I was just about to post the same comment myself.

Not that I'm against people owning guns, but remember, this is meant to be just a joke.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:29 PM

I am sending this to my fil. He is a responsible gun collector. He also teaches and certifies people through a gun safety course. If you are going to own and shoot on, you had better know what you are doing!

P.S. I think I saw an ad for a pink Smith and Wesson recently!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:30 PM

eeraemore

Emily

Reply Quote Reply

:thumbup:

everybody has a doctor. if everybody had a gun, then those figures on page 1 would be very different. if i had to choose between a gun and a doctor, i'd go the doctor route every time. if i need immediate surgery, i want to go to a hospital, not the smith and wesson factory.

crimes are not committed by people who shoot bullets using doctors. they shoot bullets using their guns. guns don't kill people. some people WITH guns kill people.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
Why was my reply deleted?
what reply?