Juki MO 654 serger

Old 10-06-2018, 09:04 AM

Default Juki MO 654 serger

I am thinking about purchasing this serger and will appreciate any feed back/information anyone can give me about it. My toddler granddaughter loves frilly dresses so all of a sudden I am making clothes again. My sewing machine can do edge treatments but not with the efficiency of a serger. I had a Babylock Evolve that drove me crazy and I sold it at a giveaway price to get it out of my life. Now I need one again. If you have any experience with this machine or another entry level serger I would love to hear from you.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:17 PM

I have the Juki MO DEV 654 serger, and it's at least 25 years old. Students used the same sergers in a college lab class I taught. They stood up to those challenges, rarely needed to be fixed and made a beautiful pearl edging and overcast stitch. The only downside is that you must follow the correct order of threading and threading isn't simple. After not using it for sometime, I watched a you-tube video and had no problem. It's a wonderful machine.

I also bought a new, top of the line machine. Gave it away and was happy to get rid of it. Good luck!